04 | blueberry eyes

A MONTH OF living his life, pretending to be in good shape wasn't easy

A MONTH OF living his life, pretending to be in good shape wasn't easy. The photography Singto once cried so hard to achieve his dreams became nothing but a speck of dust in the air. It was a painful month, keeping himself away from his family and friends that he cherished a lot. 

A broken man will always remain broken till someone would eventually heal the pain for them. But who would dare heal him when his lover is already gone both from the world he's living and the world he created— his fantasies?

On his way to a room, he vowed, never to return, Singto breathed heavily with a shaky hand. Holding an envelope that contains his secrets for months and what he was about to tell his lover on the same day Krist was about to share his. Next to him was his mother, who would do anything for his son to stay alive, no matter what it takes.

That's what all mothers do to their children, to love and protect no matter what the consequences are. But deep inside is a never-ending regret of yesterday's mistake. 

How could she not notice the symptoms sooner? 

How could she disregard the fact her husband inherited the illness from his family?

She vowed to herself to protect Singto after her husband's death. But she almost failed her duty as a mother upon not knowing the condition of his son.

"There's no use asking him questions such as, why didn't you tell me sooner? Or why did you keep your illness from me? Because aside from this cancer, my son had post-traumatic amnesia. The other doctor said it would last for twenty-four hours, days, weeks, and in some rare cases, months."

Singto just sat there in complete silence while listening to his mother and the doctor talking about his life. The doctor hasn't confirmed the diagnosis, and yet his mother is overreacting like he's dying— of course, he's dying after all.

Some cancers are hereditary, but it's rare case, and according to his research, there's only five percent of getting it. Their family has a history of brain tumors, and it won't be surprising once the doctor confirmed the diagnosis. He doesn't get the chance to know his father as he died a year after his mother gave birth due to the inherited cancer.

"He already conducted a CT scan and MRI. I don't know why he prolonged this, but our next step should either be surgery or biopsy to confirm the diagnosis."

"There's a chance that he'll live, right?"

"Less than a year if treated," Singto uttered in silence while fidgeting his fingers.

"We already have the CT scan and MRI, so all we need to focus on is the treatment. The treatment depends on the type and grade of the cancer, where it's located, it's size, and other thing needs to be considered."

"Removing the tumor?"

"Yes," The doctor replied. "Although it may or may not completely removed the tumor. After the surgery, we can have radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, or even combined those therapies."