୧ GROWING UP ୨

~ Extras ~
________________________________________

Eighteen years later

"No Jing Jie.. it's not what you think. Even my brother brought his boyfriend home last week. My fathers are gay too. I don't know why I feel like they won't be happy to know that I am straight. Like.. I don't even feel any attraction to someone of my gender. My heart is all about  Xi Ai! She's my girlfriend, but I don't know how to introduce her to my family.",

"Aye, Xiaobo! Your fathers are what? Gay! What? Gay! They obviously know what real love is! They know gender isn't something that can stop you from loving another, you know right?"

Xiaobo nodded meekly.

"See.. you might feel uncomfortable.. but don't keep it all in. They are your parents, they deserve to know. And as far I've known them, they're gonna be cool about it.. just like my Dads."

"So, you're saying I should give a try?"

"Absolutely! Now, let's go back to the dinner table."

Hao Xuan and Song Jiyang had come to their home with A-Jing for dinner. While Yijun was busy helping his Dadda with serving, Xiao Zhan had a heartfelt chat with his old friends.

Xiaobo has been worried for quite a few months about his orientation towards women. He has seen his fathers being so in love and how happy they seemed when his brother, Yijun had confessed about having a boyfriend.

What if they aren't that happy coming to know about Xi Ai?

He always worried.

"BuBu? Are you fine son?"

Xiaobo broke from his reverie and stared at his father, smiling sweetly at him.

"Yes Papa."

"Uncle Zhan! Xiaobo wants you and Uncle Yibo to meet someone."

"Oh? Is it so? Who is it baby?"

"Urh.. Dadda! It's a friend.", He said and turned to Jing to glare. The girl just turned away from her bestie and chuckled in silence.

"Then bring him to lunch tomorrow. Let them join us!", Zhan chirped and focussed back on having his share.

• • • • •

"BuBu, who are you going to bring at home tomorrow, huh?", Yijun who was busy playing with his phone asked Xiaobo out of curiosity.

"A-Jun, I told it before.. it's a.. a friend."

"A friend or a.. girlfriend?"

Xiaobo jumped off his bed in shock, stuttering.

"You-"

"What? You really think you'll have a girlfriend and your brother won't know?", He flicked his brother's head.

"Even I'm the elder one, you know!"

"That's just by a few hours!", Xiaobo retorted.

"But you're still the little one anyway."

"Okay! Fine, now stop getting on my nerves!"

"Aww, am I irritating you? BuBu? C'mon play with me, don't be a drag."