I'll Always Be In Your Kidneys

song: another love by tom odell

As soon as our hands intertwine, Octavia calls our names from outside the dropship, causing us to run out, leaving Clarke and Finn inside.

"What's going on?" She asks, glancing down at Bellamy and I's hands. Her gaze then finds Raven's bloodied form through the tarps in the dropship. "Oh my god."

She goes to walk forward and see her, but Bellamy puts his hand out to stop her. He shakes his head in a silent plea, and surprisingly, she backs down.

"I heard fighting." She starts, and Elliot, who I didn't know walked up, speaks.

"The grounders are coming and we need to leave." He begins, hoping to at least get someone on his side. "There's an ocean to the east. People there will help us."

I sigh, not wanting to snap at my friend, which causes Bellamy's gaze to settle on me. He squeezes my hand before speaking.

"Wait," Octavia says before Bellamy can. "You saw Lincoln." She says with a smile.

My head whips over to Elliot, wanting to see his reaction.

Elliot shakes his head when he notices my surprised expression. "Finn and Clarke told me, that's all." He says, sighing. "But, it doesn't change the facts." His gaze flicks to mine. "These people won't leave without you two," he begins. "I know you both want to fight, hell," he laughs. "I know Hailey does." He matches my small smile. "But it doesn't change the facts." His face goes serious again.

"For the good of the people, we need to leave. All of us." His gaze flicks between Bell and me, pleading. 

I press my lips together before nodding, but Bellamy doesn't.

"Okay," I say, nodding. "Maybe. It's a maybe." I smile before abruptly bringing his head down and rubbing my knuckles on the top of his head, laughing despite the serious atmosphere.

"ARGH! STOP HAILEY!" He yells out, laughing. I back off smiling.

"Get him, Hails!" Miller yells out with a smile directed at Elliot.

I smile back before catching Bellamy's amused gaze. He sighs before shaking his head. He brings his hand away from mine.

"I won't do it." He says over Elliot's dying laughter.

"I mean," he begins, looking at Octavia. "You expect us to trust a grounder? This is our home now." He turns around and speaks to the people. "We built this from nothing with our bare hands! Our dead are buried behind that wall in this ground! Our ground!" He yells out hoarsely, causing my blood to run cold at the memory of his body dangling in the air helplessly. Almost lifeless. My breathing begins to quicken.

Bellamy's speech soon fades away and all I have left is the image of Bellamy's body hanging in the air with his neck bent to the side, broken. A reminder of what could have been.

I feel somebody grab my hand and direct me away from the crowd. He sets me down and puts his hands on either side of my face.

Elliot.

"Hey, hey, deep breaths okay?" He tries, mimicking the breathing. I try, but my breathing hiccups and a sob escapes me.

"Oh, Hailey." He murmurs with a saddened frown on his face before he takes me in his arms, setting his hand on my head, burying my face into his chest. Tears soak his shirt, but he doesn't mind.

"Is this about Bellamy?" He asks quietly, inciting a nod from me. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He hums.

I sniffle, before sitting back. I bite my cheek before reaching up and fiddling with my necklace.

Elliot notices and smiles. "The green dagger necklace." He nods to himself. "Your mother gave it to you didn't she?" He asks, changing the topic on purpose.

I nod, looking down at it. "For my 12th birthday." I sniffle looking back up at Elliot.

My face begins to contort into a sob. "I keep seeing his body, El." I cry out. I breathe out, gathering myself. "I keep seeing Bellamy's body..." I take in a shaky breath before continuing. "Hanging there and it's just a constant reminder that anyone can die at any time and that by putting myself out there, I'm just going to get hurt." I rush out my words, all while looking at the ground.

"Seeing his face and yours," I murmur, glancing at him. "It reminds me that I can get hurt and if I lose you, El..." I trail off, shaking my head. "I'll lose myself."

He shakes his head. "No, you won't because you're Hailey Arrette Kane and you are my best friend." He enforces, grabbing my hands. "You are kind, strong, and everyone that opposes you should be afraid because you are yourself." He smiles causing my lips to quirk up. "And plus, you always have me," He brings his hand to his heart and points. "Right here."

My eyebrows furrow. "My kidneys?"

"What?" He laughs with furrowed brows. "No Hails, your heart." He brings his hand up to my forehead, laughing. "Are you alright?"

I shrug off his hand, chuckling. "You'd think with Riv being a doctor I'd know a thing or two." I chuckle.

"You weren't always the brightest." He laughs. "I'll leave the courageous acts to you and the smart shit to me." He grins at my blank expression.

I smile just as I hear a scream come from the dropship. My head whips to the source and then back to Elliot before we both jolt up and race towards the dropship.

"HOLD HER DOWN!" Clarke yells as we enter.

"What the hell is happening!" I say over Raven's screams of pain.

"We had to cauterise her wound." Finn says once Raven's screaming stops.

"There, that should last until we leave." Clarke says, putting a bandage on the wound.

My face darkens. "I'm not leaving, Clarke."

Her eyes meet mine. "Please, Hailey." Her voice breaks. "We need you." She bites her lip and glances down. "I need you."

I sigh, keeping eye contact before nodding. "Okay. Is Bellamy going?"

She clenches her jaw before tilting her head. "He said he'd only go if you did."

My eyebrows furrow before I meet Elliot's equally confused gaze. I glance back at Clarke.

"Why?"

She shrugs. "I don't know, but you need to talk to him."

I look down at Raven's pale and clammy face. She brokers a smile, causing me to scoff playfully.

"Go, I'll be fine." She smiles. "Trust me, Hails. Us mechanics have got to stick together." I narrow my eyes and smile.

"You mean an apprentice and a rejected space walker?" I laugh causing her to frown.

"Yeah yeah, close enough." She shoves me weakly. "Now go, get Bellamy."

I put my hands up, walking backwards. "I'm going. I'm going."

I turn and sigh. "Oh god, please don't let me cry." I plead before walking towards his tent.

-------------

A/N

ummm so a bit of Clailey and a bit of Haliot because I can

also is it bad that im low key shipping clailey???? like there may or may not be a kiss in the future lol

anyway, I love you all and thank you for 11k you guys are absolutely mad

please drink some water and eat something, I love you

abigail <3