The #ModernLove Writing Contest [CLOSED]

Enter Now

Season 2 of Modern Love is almost here. To celebrate, Wattpad and Amazon Prime Video are teaming up to bring you an exciting new writing contest!

An unlikely friendship. A lost love resurfaced. A marriage at its turning point. A date that might not have been a date. An unconventional new family. These are unique stories about the joys and tribulations of love, each inspired by a real-life personal essay from the beloved New York Times column "Modern Love."

Love and connection look and mean something different to everyone. That's exactly how Modern Love captivates viewers, by showing that there's no one way to love.That LOVE breaks all the rules. For this contest, we want to read about all the different ways love can look for members of the Wattpad community. Whether you want to explore your unique love language, dive into a new relationship dynamic, or tell us how you discovered self-love, we're here for it. Interested? Keep reading for more details!

📝Contest Challenge

Wattpadders — Amazon Prime Video wants to hear from you! In 500 words or less, share a fiction or nonfiction story all about how your conception of love—platonic, romantic, sexual, or otherwise—has changed over time. From adoration of a grandparent to a first heartbreak, a life-changing sexual experience, gaining the courage to come out, or learning to love yourself, we want to hear the heart-wrenching, powerful, and passionate stories that demonstrate how you discovered what love really means.

💭Thought Starters

- Love is a lot more than a romance between partners—it can be familial, platonic, or sexual. It can even be something you find within yourself, for yourself. Think beyond our hetereonormative understanding of love.

- There's a common belief that we can't love anyone until we love ourselves. Use this idea as a jumping off point. Is there one way to love? Is it possible to let love in while still working on loving yourself? Can others teach you how to love?

- Self-love is huge. Sometimes, the journey to self happens over a long stretch of time. Sometimes, there's one big moment that changes everything and how you see yourself as you know it.

- In what ways does LOVE break all the rules for you? To what extent are you willing to go to, for someone you love? What is it about that person, or your relationship with them that is so special?

- How has your concept of love been shaped as a child? Was it cultural? Did you learn about it from a fairytale? Did your parents teach you? Think about how your idea of love has changed since then.

- Love is a feeling, too. Think about how true love makes you feel in your body and paint that picture for us.

Timeline

- Deadline to enter this contest is August 22nd, 2021 at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time.

📜 Submission Requirements

- Posted as a new story on your Wattpad profile

- Submission must be in English

- Submission must be an original fictional or non-fictional story.

- Submission must be tagged #ModernLoveContest

- Any Submission not compliant with Wattpad's Content Guidelines will be removed immediately

You can enter as many times as you like, as long as each entry is submitted as a new story and meets these submissions guidelines.

Eligibility Requirements

- Entrants must be legal residents of the United States and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.

- You must be signed in to Wattpad to enter the contest (must have a Wattpad account to enter, to create one for free, visit http://www.wattpad.com/login

🏆 Prizes

Eight (8) winning entries shall receive the following:

- One (1) Shout out on the @AmazonPrimeVideo profile on Wattpad

- One (1) Modern Love poster

- One (1) Wattpad Swag Bag

Enter Now

Happy Writing!

The Wattpad Team

The Amazon Prime Video Team