twenty four.

i am fully aware that marijuana is still illegal in florida, but for this book it won't be 🧎🏽‍♀️
excuse any errors!
also, leave comments please, i love reading them :)

;

"you look so pretty." sam mumbled, cupping my cheeks.

"thank you baby, but you gotta keep walking, people behind us." i smiled, gesturing to the small groups of people behind us on the sidewalk.

we finished eating at the taco place and went straight to the abc store. sam and i were the only ones with fake id's so we went in and got the liquor. we had a bottle of tequila, hennessy, and some casamigos, which were all in the car. we weren't planning to drink it all tonight, but sam and camille had definitely had more than a couple shots. asia was the designated driver, so she hadn't drunk anything at all.

we decided to walk to the mall like we said we would, it was around the corner from where we parked. the sun was beginning to go down so it looked really nice out here. all of the street lights were coming on and people were out looking for things to get into.

in the liquor store, we ran into a man who knew a weed dispensary nearby, so we stopped there and grabbed whatever we needed. even though i hadn't gotten a chance to smoke, camille made me take one shot of casamigos in the car. i definitely wasn't tipsy, but she and sam were a different story.

sam looked behind me, "oh, you right, sorry." she moved behind me and we picked up our pace. camille and asia were right beside us, me holding on the the formers hand to keep her from wandering.

"it's ok, but when we get in you gotta contain yourself. you too camille." i added on, glancing at her. she only laughed at me and continued looking around, doe-eyed.

"i got her leilani, she not too fucked up yet." asia said, grabbing onto camille's other hand.

we finally got to the entrance of the mall and went in. i didn't plan to do much shopping but wherever sam wanted to go i was fine with it.

"bubba, you wanna go anywhere specific?" i asked, glancing around at the stores near the entrance. sam lifted her head off of my shoulder, doing the same.

"can we go to the nike store real quick?"

"yeah come on, y'all comin'?" i asked the other two and camille nodded for the both of them.

we went in and i swear i've never seen so many mannequins in my life. it was literally one on every corner. sam dragged me to the back where the shoes were, and i stood watching her mumble incoherently to herself about the shoes, sometimes chuckling out of nowhere.

a pair of shoes caught my eye though, and i went over to them. i picked one up and analyzed it, checking the price.

$160, that's not too bad.

i turned around to get sam's attention, but was met with a tall, light skinned man standing in my personal bubble. he had on a nike shirt and name tag. i backed up a little bit and glanced up at him, but before i could open my mouth he started running his.

"wassup lil mama." i cringed at the name. "i saw you over here by yourself, you need some help with anything?"

"no thank you i'm good." i replied, beginning to turn around.

he grabbed my wrist and turned me back around. i instantly got uncomfortable, moving his hand off of me.

"well if you don't need help with that, i can help you with something else." he smirked, moving closer to me.