Chapter Sixteen

When Raven awoke she was once again confused by her surroundings, she seemed to be in another house but a lot less clean. The walls were covered in holes, the carpets were stained and torn apart, even the couch she had been placed on had holes and looked very old. This place was just as dark and quiet as Nyx's but she felt cold, the warmth she felt at the other house was gone and replaced with this feeling of terror and isolation.

She stood up and walked to the door, finding it locked. She sighed as she looked around the barren room. She began thinking of her family and how they were since she left.

I miss tea with mother

Father's teasing

Robbins boyish laugh

And Luna, I wonder how she is with me gone?

Her thoughts were interrupted as the door opened and a woman walked in. She was petite, but very beautiful. Her hair was up and away from her face but fell in ringlets down her back, her dress was a simple black that most house maids wore, but what shocked Raven the most was her eyes. They were a lifeless gray color and Raven shivered in response. The woman simply walked in to set another dress down on the couch where Raven had been sitting, then turned to speak.

"Sir will be ready for you in half of the hours time, please dress and wait here for your escort"

She spoke so... Calm and like these words weren't hers. Raven spoke out, "Sir who? Where am I? And who are you?"

Ignoring her words the woman walked to the door and left, hearing the lock behind her, Raven sighed again and looked at the dress. The whole thing was black and very simple, not like the house maids but simple for a black dress.

Might as well get this over with..

She changed quickly and waited there patiently.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sure enough in exactly half of the hour's time the same woman came into the room. "Please follow me miss, dinner is served in the main hall"

Raven stood up from the couch to ask "Wait dinner? Why am I here and who is your Master?"

Without answering her the servant woman turned on her heels and began walking. Not wanting to get lost, Raven followed suit. The hallways were just like the room she was just in, dirty and crumbling in places. Going down a few hallways and turning many times they finally arrived at a large dining room with a table placed in the center. There were two place settings on either side and food was piled high. All sorts of meats, fruit, vegetables and breads were there, making Raven's stomach rumble, realizing it had been so long since she had eaten anything at all. The servant led her to one side of the table and pulled her chair out to sit, gracefully sitting down Raven sat patiently and waited.

Only a few moments and a man, or rather what looked like a man entered the room. He had gray skin and large horns coming off his dark head, shaped like a large rams would be. Making Raven gasp slightly. He stopped and looked over at her for a moment.

"Forgive me" his deep voice rumbled out.

Then suddenly his skin was as a tan humans and his horns were gone, only his dark black hair and red eyes remained.

He smiled slightly and explained, "I can take any form I wish, or you wish my dear" he purred.

Raven looked at him, confused.

"Please who are you? Why am I here?" He continued to his chair and sat down. He snapped his fingers and a glass of wine appeared in his hand, and one across from Raven. He gestured to the glass for her to take a drink, which she did. He spoke once again,

"All in due time, just know you're safe and sound and feel free to enjoy your food, no need for pleasantries on my account."

Hearing this made Raven's stomach growl. She reached for her fork and began eating some chicken on her plate. It was delicious. She kept eating as the man sat there watching her, drinking his wine. Only after a moment did she stop and ask.

"Won't you be eating?" She said curiously.

He simply smiled and spoke again "I've had my meal this evening, I wanted to make sure you were fed and taken care of."

His voice deepened on the last few words, making Raven shiver.

Was it getting hot in here?

I want to lie down and get out of this dress.

"Forgive me my dear, a proper introduction. My name is αχρείος (akreos) but you may call me Ace if you prefer." His voice sounded softer and more gentle now as Raven became light headed.

"My dear, are you alright?." He asked, taking a drink of his wine and smirking into the cup.

"Perhaps it was something you ate." His smile widened and Raven turned her attention to her plate.

Her vision was blurring a bit and the plate was moving, she stopped the fork she was holding and looked him dead in his eyes with anger and confusion,

"What did you do to me?!" She yelled out.

He simply smiled and smirked, "I've only made you more comfortable dear." He then was behind her, rubbing her shoulders. He was there in an instant but Raven was too dizzy to be surprised. As he continued rubbing her, she tried to speak.

"No.... No... Don't touch... Me.... Let me....go please ...."

"Oh I won't be doing that for awhile sweet girl" He knelt down to whisper something in her ear and her head fell forward, he caught her just before she hit the table.

"Excellent" he boasted and picked her up bridal style to carry her into another room.

No protests were heard from the now unconscious girl as she was taken again, always taken away. She could only hope Nyx would find her soon and take her home.

Yes, please take me home.