✿CHAPTER-4✿

AUTHOR'S POV

He grabbed the sword with his right hand and snatched it from her by pulling it harshly as it was on his shoulder.. Then within a second he turned and placed the sword over her neck..

"Sorry, I know you are brave enough but I can't fight with you as it is against my rules.. I can't harm a girl.. So I'm leaving you".. He whispered in her ears..

A shiver ran through her body.. The sudden sensation forced her to close her eyes with a unknown feeling.. He left her and quickly rode on horse and started his journey on the opposite direction..

Dakshayani was standing still there.. For a moment her whole world was stopped for some unknown reason.. She turned back to see his face but he had already left.. His words were ringing on her ears again and again.. She thought to herself if he was their enemy then why did he leave her without giving her any death penalty.. She was lost in her thoughts in the mean time some armies attacked her.. Keeping her thoughts aside she took the sword and again started fighting..

Hreedant came where his father was..

"You came here without defeating them.. I want to hear the news of win and that King Subala on my feet right now".. He ordered..

"Pitaji, I can't as their army head is a girl".. Hreedant declared..

"What do you mean by this?.. Girl or boy whatever.. I don't want to hear anything I just want all of them on my feet.. Understood?".. He gave him a death glare..

"Whatever was your wish I would love to fulfill that but this time no!.. I can't fight with a girl at any cost.. Better I will accept my death".. He added..

"If you won't be able to do this, then I will do it myself.. Better you go home and hide yourself behind your Maa.. Such a coward and useless son I have".. After insulting Hreedant he rode on his horse towards King Subala..

Hreedant couldn't speak anything else.. Everytime his father's rude behaviour felt like death to him.. Blood was dropping from his hand to the ground which made the ground red because he grabbed the sword of Dakshayani at it's tip with bare hand by which a deep cut was formed in his hand but he was feeling pain because of his father's behaviour towards him not by the cut..

Soon the sun departed leaving his red tint and the area became darker.. As per the rules none could fight at night so both the armies played the conch and war ended for that day..

~✿✿~

It was the time for last rites of the dead soldiers and the people who died in the war of both the enemies.. Hreedant looked at the dead bodies and his face became pale as the thought of losing his own family members came into his mind.. A tear drop left from his eyesight.. He folded his hands and greeted them.. Jalasar also did the same..

After the war Hreedant didn't meet Urmi at once which made her worried.. She came to his tent and found her son who was sitting on the couch emotionlessly.. She came closer to him and sat beside him..

"What happened Hreedant??.. Why are you sitting here alone??".. She asked with a soft voice which made Hreedant looked at her..

~✿✿~