39.

"Sana, kanna (bacha) don't cry ma pattu (dear) ... Chalo utto.. have lunch, you must be hungry na.. endhre ma kanna (get up bacha)" Amma was tapping Sana to get up who was wetting her pillow with her sobs. She was sitting next to her pillow, Sana left the pillow and laid her head in her mother's lap hugging her from her waist and holding her tight.

"Ho gaya na baba.. see God does everything for a reason. Now your Appa will realize how my daughter has selected a gem of a person as her life partner. Agar nahi samjhe na.. Durga Mata ka roop le lungi main... aur unhe pata hain, woh kitna dangerous roop hain" she said animating her posture like the goddess and trying to make Sana's mind divert to make her smile.

Sana chuckled to that and wiped the tears way, but still her head in her mother's lap. Amma caressed Sana's face and said, "I am proud of you Sana, kitni maturely tune behave kiya. Koi aur hota toh chik ke chilla ke bhaag hi jaata, but you calmly handled the storm inside you. Appa ko izzat diya, samaan kiya.. Tune unke upar gussa bhi nahi kiya! I am proud to say that we have brought you up well. You know the value of your family, respecting elders. Toh ab hamara bhi kartavya hota hain ki we value your choice and respect what gives you happiness.. Haina?"

"Matlab?" Sana got up in a jerk from her mother's lap and sat on her left side with her legs folded.

Her mom took the plate filled with rice, sambhar and vegetable curry's mix it with her hand and took a little portion towards Sana's mouth. "Aaaahhh kar...." gestured Sana to open her mouth and started feeding her from her hands. "Matlab ki ab Appa ko mere haath main chod de... I will handle him and and make him understand. Unki himmat kaise hui ki mere se chuppa ke uss Bakkwaas family ko yahan bula ke meri beti ki insult karne ki... Ab mere andar Mother India jaag gayi hain... and that too a bad one..." she said making Sana altering her sullen and sad mood to a happy and relaxed one.

That's how she is, a kid, a innocent one from heart, who can be oversensitive but just by acknowledging her feeling, being empathetic towards her, could do wonders. Her mother's word were giving her confidence, comfort, but she was still broken. Her father had not come up to her, yet! Mama, mami came to her and left, Subbu came and talked to her... but her father, he stayed in his room whole day and night, not coming out for chai, avoiding her when she asked him for dinner.

Even all Sunday went without him being around, he excused saying that he is not feeling well and was in the bed whole day. She heard amma's voice from the room arguing with him, but her father did not reprimand to any of her allegations, or argument. He selected to remain quiet and it was giving her jitters. He acting quiet again was bringing her memories back of the last week and she again doubted his intentions.

She never keep grudges in her heart, she is forgiving and that too this was about her Appa whom she loves from all her heart. She wondered what was the reason for his aloofness, is he upset? Is he apologetic? Is he guilt-ridden? Or is he planning again something? No.. no... that was the last thing she can think of... She is not wrong, right? she thought to herself, what if this time  he does something more alarming.. "Is this the way you feel when someone breaks your trust, did I make my Appa feel this way when I told him about Sid?" She talked to herself.

She was confused and emotionally drained, Sid was also busy as Kajal didi and his Jiju were leaving today and she didn't want to bug him and make him stress, he will become hyper if he hears all the scenario that happened with her on Saturday! Sana did not had the energy to deal with him at this moment. She just called him to say bye to Kajal di. Monty di was also gone for some beautician course she has started in Delhi.

She just had stars and moon to talk her heart out right now, looking out from her bedroom window. "Why did Appa change so much? Why is not talking to me?" she asked the moon. Though it did not reply, but it gave her the peace that she was seeking. "But even when the moon looks like it's ebbing...it's actually never changing shape... Appa will also be the same, na? He is acting like Amavasya (No moon day) but he will come out after a while like you full Moon.. with whom I can speak anything...haina?" she asked the moon and with heavy eyes she fell off to sleep.