DON'T YOU REMEMBER?

Waking up to a pounding in your head isn't the best. It hrut terribly, and to be honest, I cannot believe that I am still alive.

I hear the door open slightly before I see a man walk through. I instantly recognize him as Tape.

The excitement running inside me does not.compare to anything right now. I thought he was dead. I get up and run, well try to.run, and end up failing. I actually fall to the ground with a loud grumble from my stomach. So I just sit there.

"Tape, I thought you were dead and I was so worr-

"You are to eat and prepare for an interview with the leader."

He sounds like a robot. Why is he doing this and what did they do to him? Even though I am upset, I walk over to him and grab the food out of his hands. And who is this leader?

Tape looks at me with such sorrow that it is making me cry. He walks out of the room and leaves me to wallow in my own depression.

I quickly scoff down the food because lets face it......this may be my last meal. I eat all of the food and finish just in time before a different person walks into the room. He comes by me and drags me by the arm to another room.

I am pushed down into a chair, a beaten up and bruised. Another person walks into the room and from the looks of it, that is a woman.

"Hello Kacie."

No! Why.....i-it can't be her. We were best friends.

"I'd say it is pretty nice to see you...actually nice to see you...the pretty part has not be reached yet."

That bitch. I would do anything to wipe that smirk off of her face. I finally muster up enough energy to speak.

"Well hello Jessica. HAHAHA!! Why did you do this to me? You are the reason behind my torturing and my suffering. I trusted you....a-and we were best friends....what happened?"

"Well Kacie.....lets just face it. I was the person who helped your father. I was the person whom your father screwed over and left me to rot under the bridge with you. Don't you remember?

All I remember was having met Jessica for the first time.

*Flashback*

It was a cold December evening and I was just preparing for the rain. I grabbed a pillow and a thin blanket and lied under the bridge. Of course it was cold....I had to make due with what I had.

I began to fall into a deep slumber until I was awoken by a voice.

"Hello....are you cold?"

I looked up at the person and noticed it was a girl....well woman. She looks so familiar.....like I have seen her working with my father.

"Y-y-yes."

She had at least ten blankets with her. She came my way and prepared a small blanket bed with five of the blankets and used the other five to cover us. We snuggled with each other, hobo to hobo moment. She kept me warm and for that I was grateful. I looked at her and studied her for a few moments.

"If you take a picture, it will last longer."

That broke me out of my deep thought. I hadn't mean to stare at her. I just want to see if I could recognize her. She is like a puzzle piece just waiting to be solved.

"What's your story?" I ask her absentmindedly.

Her eyes meet mine and they linger there for a minute. It looks as if she is trying to figure me out as well. Her eyes give me a flash of pure hate, but I ignore it because I must have been imagining things. She finally opens her mouth to speak.

"Well lets just say that this guy killed someone's love of their life and then he decided to do some more pretty cruel things. Lets just say that this man.....is oblivious to the way people feel around him.... he always has to do something to hurt somebody."

I couldn't make sense of everything. She was 'beating around the bush'... that's something my mother would tell me when people couldn't tell the other person the truth. She was speaking in clues, and it was beating me up inside because I wanted to know what she meant.

"Never mind what I said. It doesn't make sense anyways."

I can't stop worrying about it. It makes sense in a way. It makes you relive some past experiences. Well....not the murdering part, but the part about how people are oblivious to other people's feelings....it is so true.

"What's your name?" I blurt out.

"It's Jessica, but just call me Jess."

"Okay."

Jessica. Sounds like a nice person. Well she is nice considering she just shared her blankets with me.

"Why are you here?" she asks.

I am not sure I should answer that, but she did just basically tell me her story...so I will tell her.

"I was kicked out by my parents."

I mean there was nothing else to say. I was basically kicked....a big disgrace to this world.....better yet, to my family.

"Oh."

She must have sensed my discomfort. I am grateful she didn't pry on my past and beg me to tell her my story. This just makes me like her more.

We spend the rest of the night in silence listening to the sounds of the crickets chirping and the cars driving by. I let sleep take over me feeling completely grateful that someone has noticed me.

* End of Flashback*

I remember it all to well. How could I not have known. She was basically telling me what happened to her. That doesn't even cover the fact the she.....she put me in here to rot....to suffer the pain. What did I even do?

"I am SO glad that you remember."

And with that she walks out of the room leaving me there to think about everything that has happened. My best friend....she betrayed me.

The door to my right was knocked down as I watched a figure step into my room.

My last thought was- HELP ME

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Who do you think it was?

Any thoughts on Jessica being the leader?

Any thoughts on why they kidnapped Kacie?

ANYWAYS

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

THANKS LOVELIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!