Chapter 14

Naina woke up early as usual but with a terrible headache.
Maybe it was because she slept last night starving.

Ishaan was still sleeping. He looked so innocent in his sleep.
His eyelashes were long, casting a shadow on to his cheeks.

Naina wanted to touch him and ask him "why does he hate her? Why does he give her this pain? " But she couldn't.

She stepped out of the shower to see Ishaan already awake. He was rummaging through some files on his desk, that's when she saw a wound on his hand.  The wound happened when he threw the candles at the wall last day.

Naina thought about minding her own business, but she can't stand it when someone is hurting, even when they inflict pain on her more.

Naina grabbed his hand to look at the wound. It needs to be wrapped in bandage otherwise it will get infected.

Ishaan glared at her seeing  her action.
"What the hell are you doing?" Ishaan yelled.

"No need to yell. I was looking at your wound it needs bandage." Naina said looking into his eyes.

"Why do you care if I'm hurt?" Ishaan asked while pulling her closer to him. Naina started squirming against his body.

"Just give me your hand. Please." Naina took his hand in her hand and touched the wound softly.

She knew it was painful as she heard him hiss when she touched it.
Naina grabbed the first aid box and took the bandage out.

She started wrapping around the bandage on his wound slowly without hurting him.

What the hell is wrong with this girl?... I know she's acting . I caught her .  But why is she still continuing this act of caring wife?

Ishaan thought.

He took his hand from her grip. She wasn't finished with the bandage but he had already left the room.

*******
Naina came to the kitchen to do the chores. She was starving. She wanted to eat so bad. She prepared the food as fast she could and served it on the dining table already.

Ishaan, Anika, Shivaay and Sojal came for the breakfast. They were all in their new clothes, Anika, Shivaay and Ishaan was in their formal clothes. They looked so elegant. Sojal was in some expensive saree. Naina was there wearing a plain tshirt and leggings drenched in sweat from doing all the chores. She didn't not fit in with them.

Everyone sat down to eat. Naina also sat beside Ishaan.

"No, no. You can't sit with us. Today is a special day. This is one of the most important tradition of the family. The new bride have to take upvaas. She can't eat or drink anything today." Sojal said looking at Naina

"Enough with the tradition auntie. This is freaking 21st century." Shivaay scowled at his Aunt.

"Naina don't have to take the upvaas if she doesn't want to." Said Sojal while giving her a threatening look.

"No it's fine. I will take the upvaas." Naina said.

She went back to the kitchen and did the remaining work.

Everyone went to their work. Naina stared at her husband leaving without giving her a glance.

********

It was 10 pm. Naina felt like she was dying from hunger. She wanted to eat something. Today she had to do so many chores. Sojal made her do the laundry, gardening, cooking all by herself.