09

"Master has yet to merge completely," Otobide grumbled in the area of their master's mind.

She was not there with them at the moment, as her mind had been split between two egos since their merge.

They would have been perfectly fine if not for her unyielding persistence of being innocent of her actions. Had she just accepted what she had done with her own hands, then they would completely be one.

Komoted tsked at his words, "We knew what the consequences could have been since she was just a child. Easy to persuade, but hard to get them to understand and accept."

Saru let out a whine, "But Master makes us put on an endless play now."

"Yes, and the her that bears her sins, and the one that is of her self-proclaimed purity, are in an eternal state until the ignorant one can finally accept her sins. There is nothing we can do until she accepts that herself," Kitsunemen informed, which caused Fukujin to guffaw, "Are you just saying that because you are having fun killing us in every play?"

"Well," Kitsunemen hummed with amusement. "stabbing Otobide is never unwelcomed."

"Why you—!"

"Anyway," Kitsunemen interrupted before Otobide could utter anything. "for now, we will take part of the Master that is already merged, and have her be our main body."

Semimaru scoffed, "And what of the her that is naive? And the endless play?"

"We will lock her memories of the past away, the her that bears her sin will be put away alongside the naive one, and we, too, shall put parts of ourselves within there to ensure that the play goes on."

Otobide grumbled, "How do we know that the one that will play the main body will not question us?"

"She will not," Kitsunemen reassured. "Because she will not know anything. All she will know is that she is us and we are her. She will be our beautiful, mindless Master."

Komote turned to look at their Master, or at least, part of her, "Are you going to try to merge with her? It will be impossible. Where she escaped to, it is one where no one will be able to save you."

There was silence before she spoke in a tone filled with resolve, "I am her. I will come back as many times as needed."

Komote's mask bowed, "I understand, Master."

She emerged behind herself in the cloud of thick, black wisps, laying a light touch on her shoulder, merging with and taking place of the her that was burdened with sin. The masked woman in front of her glanced up at her to which she struck her down with a swift downward attack with a dagger.

The mask of Uba cracked at her actions before she fell down, dead.

The her in white wailed at the feeling of the pain that she felt through the masked woman, and she sighed to herself. She knew what was to come from what the masks told her, so she played along with the storyline until the her in white held the dagger in her hand.

She tightened her grip on the woman's wrist, throwing the dagger to the side as she brought her close.

Although she struggled against her, her strength was little to none against her.

She pulled the one in white until they were placed in a makeshift embrace, her lips right beside her ear. With a quiet hum, she revealed, "Accept me. Accept us."