Chapter 7: Stairs

I am one of the most common things in this world. Everyday we are used and created by you apes. Everyday we are trodded on whether you are walking up or down us, some of you special people even move stuff with wheels up and down us, thinking it is fun or easier.

We have an important part in most households, buildings and in your world in general. We elevate you to positions positions that you were not designed to be in. A slight fault with us and your world turns to chaos. If you can't use us you rely on on those death traps you call lifts, that move up and down without a single care for your safety.

Eventually we get bored of you apes and we move in a way that makes you slip and fall but the best part about it is that you blame yourself or even one I've the other apes. Which is always a good laugh.

Eventually that gets boring too and we move again this time hoping to break a leg, an arm or your ugly faces and you blame your work or the people that own the place where you then "sue" them and take no important bits of paper from them.

Even that gets boring and we decide that this time you don't get back up after your next fall then you die.

I am stairs trapped in a cruel world that brings stability and death to others.