74.1 - Truth (2/2)

“Cough, cough…” Weng Yunyi choked.

Ting Shuang seemed to be unable to hear any of Weng Yunyi’s coughing, “Zhu Wenjia said that his first time was in the UK. It was during his high school prom, he especially liked those that looked mature and had big breasts, saying that he could think of them as mothers…”

Think of them as mothers…

Weng Yunyi couldn’t bear it any longer, so she left.

“Dad, don’t get agitated, don’t get agitated…” As soon as Weng Yunyi left, Ting Shuang quickly comforted Zhu Ao, “Zhu Wenjia likes young girls.” And young boys, “Don’t worry.”

Zhu Ao’s beard trembled as he cursed incoherently.

Ting Shuang could probably guess what he was saying, since the old man only scolded his son using those few words.

“Dad, I asked Dr. Cheng. She said that your condition’s better than it was yesterday. You should be able to transfer to the general ward in a few days.” Ting Shuang put away the scornful tone he’d adopted just now for one that was calm and reliable, “There are some things I wanted to wait until your health improved to bring up, but I still have some questions that I don’t understand, so I have to ask you now. You should be mentally prepared, don’t get agitated over anything trivial.”

Zhu Ao made a sound in reply, barely managing to stay awake.

Ting Shuang said, “Three things. Firstly, the company is holding an impromptu shareholders meeting tomorrow. As of now I still don’t know which shareholder initiated the meeting, nor the purpose of the meeting. Secondly, someone has requested for the R&D department to finish developing the FND before the impromptu meeting. Thirdly, Yan Liqian, even though he isn’t in charge of the European-side of business, met with representatives from HAAS today.”

After saying all that, he thought Zhu Ao would react strongly, but unexpectedly Zhu Ao just closed his eyes and let out an “Mm”.

“Dad, you’d thought of all these things?” Ting Shuang said, “Do you know what they want to do?”

Zhu Ao nodded, wanting to say something, but he couldn’t speak clearly.

Ting Shuang paced back and forth beside the hospital bed for a while. After thinking about it, he took out his phone from his pocket, pulled up the handwriting keyboard, and held it to Zhu Ao’s left hand.

With much difficulty, Zhu Ao moved his fingers, making frequent mistakes. It took a long time for him to type out one word: acquisition.

Acquisition…

The word was like a thunderstorm, piercing through the mist that had been blocking Ting Shuang’s vision.

No wonder Bai Changyi said in the morning that he was signing a non-disclosure agreement…

So it was an acquisition.

Then… the FND and Bai Changyi’s projects were meant to raise the price of their technology capital, and HAAS was likely to be the buyer selected by Yan Liqian.

Ting Shuang continued speculating, “So, Dad, you ate with Yan Liqian last time. During the meal, he proposed selling RoboRun?”

Zhu Ao nodded, then shook his head wearily.

“That’s right, he can’t sell the company with just 30% of the shares. At most, he’d transfer his own part of the shares.” Ting Shuang was mainly talking to himself, but then he saw Zhu Ao nod his head, “He wants to transfer his shares? I remember shareholders could transfer shares to each other. Who did he want to transfer his shares to? Was it that you didn’t agree to him transferring it to a certain person, so you quarreled at the table?”