SHATTERED-040

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

I was in stage three: denial. I had to go through shock then emotions then denial. When Maddox's lips embraced mine, all I could think about was the weight on my shoulders and on my heart.

Although I changed what he felt, I couldn't brush off what I had gone through to stay strong enough to get my whole revenge without any remains left. Once it has been done, I was done. That was what I promised myself and Maddox seemed to get the hint when I didn't kiss back.

It was like something had gone in reverse, the rollercoaster of being raped then got into the mysteries of mine and Maddox's family only for the truth to be revealed.

Maddox was legit angry as he glared right in front of me as he set me down and punched the wall beside my head.

"You are sick, you made all this hassle to lead me on," he seethed, "when I helped you, I thought you were by my side," he roared as he punched the wall again and again, the raw hurt and hate shown in his eyes as blood dripped from his knuckles.

"You are only trying to ruin my plan just for the sake of you getting a thrill out of it," I was done being silent as I accused him pushing him back, "you love it when you have control over me but I will not let you ruin my plan," I shouted.

He placed me over his shoulder and my legs kicked his chest to let me down, he raged me to no end. After a while, I stopped fighting and he stopped carrying me. We were on a hill that overlooked the whole ocean, we were near the care center but it was a bit far now as my eyes took in the ocean hitting the stones toughly.

"Go ahead," Maddox gestured, "come on, this is what you wanted," he raged as he grabbed the back of my jacket and pushed me slightly to the edge.

My lips shivered to the breeze of the ocean as I closed my eyes to take a deep breath.

"I want one more push from you, Maddox, I want you to do it," I screamed and Maddox's hands both settled on my back as his breath was on the back of my neck.

"Bye, Bonnie," he whispered in my ear as he gave me a push and I closed my eyes but only to be shielded by his embrace again, "no, Bonnie, I can't do this to you," He held me tightly, his arms around my stomach protecting me from the waves down.

I broke down in his embrace in front of the mesmerizing ocean that reminded me of the beautiful garden I was raped in. He made sure to hug me tightly when we both collapsed into each other's arms in silence as his arms secured mine in an oath.

"Please, leave me alone." I tried again with Maddox and he just didn't budge, he wouldn't understand what my trauma was like and I couldn't fix him.

Look at you, Bonnie, you wouldn't ever have a happy ending, My mind told me, give up on yourself already.

I listened to it as I pushed off Maddox's arms and jumped off of the cliff, the rush of wind and the sound of Maddox calling my name was what I wanted. I closed my eyes as I was deeply hit by the waves as they chained my legs down to the bubbles that were afloat from the remainders of my breaths.

Maddox's hair was all over his face as his arms dove in to near me and I tried to push him away with my arms as my final breath gave out.

I finally embraced my darkness.

•••

"We should do that again, Bonnie," was the first thing Maddox told me when I opened my eyes to a fresh start of life.

Something that I didn't want yet Maddox gave me.

"Why do you keep doing that?" my body was wet all over and my frizzy hair covered the sides of my face.

"I won't ever let you die, Bonz," he flicked my nose as I coughed out water as my fingers dig in the sand furiously.

"I want to die," I retaliated as my negativity still remained inside my head, it was stuck and it wasn't possible to make it go away. It had been with me my entire life.

"No can do, the only death you will have is with me for the rest of our lives," he sang out loud teasingly as his brown hair was frizzled with water and his light gray eyes smiled at mine.

That dive made him energetic and his chest was on full show covered in a few freckles here and there with his abs on show.

"You aren't serious, why would you want to settle with me?" I covered my face before I asked that only for him to lay on top of me with his hands on the sides of my hair in a plank position.

"I mean yeah, you need to have a tan and all, but why not?" he uncovered my face with his hands in mine on the shore as the waves tickled our feet, "we can shatter each other all we want, but it will always be Bonnie and Maddox," he declared adoringly. That and he sprinkled his hair droplets all over my face to annoy me.

"Bonnie and Maddox," I teased giving in to his honesty and passing stage denial with flying colors, "or Maddox wants me?" I smiled and he smiled back getting the idea that I eased up to him after he had to go through that to get to me.

"It can go both ways," the sunset shone on Maddox's head making his face turn into a golden hue, "only thing is that Maddox right here," he pointed at himself and then at me as he said, "does want her."

We kissed to the sounds of the waves and covered with sand.