1. Riding Kangaroos To School

A/N:

**** I would just like to apologise for the super longggg delay.

I had a personal problem at home, and I was like all over the place.

I've pulled myself together one day when I read all the comments on this book. All were really nice, and I understand why some comments were angry because if a book I liked haven't updated in FOREVER, I wouldn't be too pleased either.

Thank you so much for all the comments and support. I really appreciate them.

If you have read this far into the author's note, comment 'I love pancakes!'

Now lets get on to the story!****

And also note ***** I am from Australia, and have lived in both in the far suburbs and the beach in Victoria, and I know that some of the things I wrote in here is not true, so lemme clear something up for you all since I have been getting message about stereotypes, yes, there are very poisonous snakes and spiders, my year eight camp was at one of the most snake infested place recorded in 2010. Second, my year nine campsite had kangaroos everywhere, and that was the first time I've ever seen that many in the six years that I've been living in Australia. We were warned by locals to not approach them as they will hurt us. And no, there aren't any in the cities, we have normal cities too, like everywhere else. And yes, it does get cold in some parts of Australia, unless you live in Brisbane or Gold Coast, where it is about 18°C (tell me if I'm wrong because I don't live there) in winter. So before you all go commenting about stereotypes, yes, I know that they are. Thanks, enjoy the chapter xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine's POV:

"Ah dammit!" I cursed loudly when I fumbled and dropped my key. Again. For the third time. "Get in the hole you stupid key" I muttered to myself.

I was carrying three shopping bags on each arm because I just came back from the shops. I bought five different ice cream flavours, three different types of chips, a strawberry cheesecake, two packets of chocolate and some groceries. No, all these foods are not all for a party. They are for me to pig out tonight whilst watching re-runs of The Originals.

I held all five bags in one hand, and successfully inserted the key into the lock. "Ah ha! Lock you are no match for me!" I grinned victoriously. I turned the knob, shouldering the door open. "I'm hom- ahh!" One of my grocery bag burst open, the content inside spilling everywhere. "Great. Amazing job there Catherine" I muttered sarcastically to myself. I talk to myself sometimes. I bend down with a groan and gean picking up the items.

"Cat! Is that you?" A high voice yelled, followed by a small giggle.

"Yes mum!" I shouted back.

"Oh honey come here! Your father and I needs to tell you something!"

"Yep coming mum." I picked up everything and hobbled over to the kitchen. I dumped everything on the counter with a huff. 'I'll come back to them later' I thought to myself.

I walked into the living room, and immediately covered my eyes. My dad sat on the couch, with my mum on his lap. They were kissing and whispering to each other. I coughed loudly, hoping to get their attention.

"Oh Cat sit down. We have something to tell you." She grinned at my father as if they are sharing a private joke. I cautiously sat down.

I began imagining the worst possible scenarios in my head, making myself more and more nervous.

"Honey, we-" My dad began.

"Don't tell me Annabelle is coming here!" I blurted out in panic.

My cousin Annabelle is a nightmare. She pretends to be the perfect angel in front of her and my parents, she is the perfect girl to her boyfriend while cheating on him at the same time, and is a total bitch to me. She have taken away most of my friends and broken up my small amounts of relationships. Yeah I hated her with a passion.

My parents stared at me strangely. "No sweetie, she's not coming here." Phew. I wiped off my imaginary sweat. "But honey-bun and I are going to travel the world for our anniversary!" Dad cooed at my mum.

Blah. I pretend to be grossed out by them, but I admired my parents. At the age of fifty, and having been married for twenty three years, they still loved each other very much. This was until his words registered in my mind.

"Wait, wait. The whole world? How long will you be gone? Am I staying here all by myself? What if I get murdered? What if you get murdered? Then I'll be an orphan! I can't be an orphan! I'm going to turn eighteen in one year! Then I'm going to have a evil caretaker who is going to force me to eat chocolate mud cake until I die and then my soul will be stuck here on earth repeatedly haunting her until I get revenge! What if-" My ramble was cut off by my mum's hand.

"Darling slow down. One question at a time." She laughed lightly. "And isn't it the evil principle from Matilda who forces kids to eat mud cake, and not a caretaker?"

I grumbled and rolled my eyes. "Potato potahto."

"And we won't get murdered. I have much faith in your father to keep us safe and sound." She placed a loving hand on my dad's chest. "And we know that you won't get hurt because you will be living with your aunt Tilly down in Australia."

"What? For a whole year? Why on earth did you not tell me about this earlier? What about my friends? And school? I don't want to get bitten by snakes or spiders! I'll die even quicker there!"

"Honey, relax. You won't get bitten by a snake. And your aunt will take good care of you. You can make new friends in Australia. Plus, it's just temporarily. You'll be back in no time." My dad reassured me.

"Making new friends isn't as easy as ABC." I muttered. "Geez, was it so hard to tell me this maybe a couple weeks earlier than just to spring this on me now?" Okay, to be honest, this wasn't the first time they went away for their anniversary, this is just their longest trip.

My dad ignores me and continues "You will be leaving in a week, two days before we leave. Get started on packing."

"Yes dad." I muttered dejectedly. I trudged up the stairs, muttering and grumbling to myself. They better have freaking kangaroos for me to ride to school on and aunt Tilly better own a pet koala. Just as I was about to open my bedroom door, I remembered the groceries that were still lying on the kitchen counter. I thought about my poor chocolate chip cookie ice cream melting, and started sprinting my way down the stairs, cursing.

I burst into the kitchen, flung myself at the ice cream, and pushing them into the freezer. "Don't worry my little babies, mummy's got you." I cooed at them. By now you should have realised that I have a very weird imagination. I put everything else away, grabbing a packet of chilli chips, and happily walked up to my room, beginning to start a new season of Supernatural.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked it! Comments are always welcome, and I promise I will reply to all. Votes will be even better, and once again, thank you to everyone who had voted, commented, or added me to their reading lists because it really encourages me:)

Xxx Lots of Love