six.

;

Aphrodite (a.k.a. Diety/Dot)

I awoke to a quiet apartment, squinting at the sunlight peeking through my windows. I turned over groggily, moving my bonnet off my eyes to read the time.

10:47

Tulia has already left for class, so I was home alone, but not for long. I was off today but I needed to run a couple errands before people actually got out of their houses.

I don't like going out in public when the public is out.

I layed in bed until the clock hit eleven, partly because I was thinking about last night. I had a lot of fun actually, and to think I was hesitant about entering. The scene was serene, everything from the women to the mood the music set. Everyone was so friendly and flirty, but not in an ovebearing way, especially the people I was introduced to. I fought back a grin when my mind wandered to Sunni, remembering her number was actually in my phone.

I grabbed it off my nightstand, careful not to knock over my incense holder. Per usual, I had a text from Tulia letting me know she was gone, and a couple notifications from social media. I went to the messages app, adding a new conversation with her contact.

sunni.

hey it's diety, just texting to say
good morning, that's assuming
you got home safe?

I sent it and went to Spotify, both on my phone and tv. A beat began that I immediately recognized as Lucy's Love by SiR, making me smile. I stretched out a little before finally getting out of bed.

My socks hit the cold tile as I stepped into the bathroom, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I fell into rhythm of my usual morning routine, brushing my teeth before starting on my skincare. When I got done I went to my closet, picking out a graphic tee, brown sweatpants, and my cream yeezy foam runners.

I lotioned up with some cocoa butter and slid my outfit on. My hair underneath the bonnet wasn't messed up, so I left it alone. I walked over to my vanity, contemplating before deciding against makeup today. I grabbed a tote bag and some big shades to put on, adding something to the bummy outfit, while also blocking my tired face.

I turned off all the lights and exited our apartment, locking the door behind me. I made my way to the parking deck in my apartment complex, observing my surroundings as I did so. I got in the car and sighed before getting myself mentally prepared for all the places I needed to stop.

"Ok... I def need to go to Target, then probably to Aldi..." I mumbled to myself, making a to-do list in my phone, along with the items to get from each store.

"Alright, lemme pull off before somebody try to 'nap me." I joked halfway, cranking my car up and pulling off.

;

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise." I said, walking down the hygiene aisle of Target.

Sunni chuckled before replying, "I would've texted you back, but I thought this was better. Is it?" She asked hesitantly.

It looked like she was laying in the bed, locs falling randomly over her shoulders. She was so intimidatingly beautiful I had to rip my eyes from the screen every time she looked directly in the camera.

I shyly grinned, sticking my AirPod in so I could hear her clearly over the facetime call.

"It is," I assured.