4. They want my brother's heads as trophies.

Attention, This Chapter Contains Suicidal Thoughts and Possible Actions.

Luciana POV:

After I had gotten a few blocks away from the alley, I stopped running and slowed to a quick walk. I used my sleeve to wipe some sweat that had gathered on my forehead.

I glanced at my arm and there was crimson streaked along the fabric. I chuckled to myself. That bastard couldn't just die, he had to be a nuisance even in his afterlife.

I quickly took my sweatshirt off and wiped my face, making sure there was no more blood on my skin. I noticed that I was behind a restaurant. I went over to the dumpster and stuffed my sweatshirt inside.

As I was walking away, I noticed that one of the workers from the restaurant was putting a bottle of wine outside the back door. Once he was back inside, I ran over to the door, and snatched the bottle.

I popped the cork and began to wander while I sipped. Tonight was a beautiful night; I could almost see some stars hidden behind the layer of chemicals in the sky.

I subconsciously walked to one of my favorite spots in the city.

It was an old bridge that had been shut down years ago. There was only enough room on it for one lane and cars kept hitting each other or going off the edge into the river.

As I was strolling over to the edge, I was starting to feel the effects of the alcohol. I stared over the ledge, at the deep dark water. I could jump, it's not like anyone would notice if I was missing or anything.

I stood up on the side, taking bigger drinks from the nearly empty bottle. I could just jump... One more step and it would all be over.

"Luciana", A voice cried out.

I turned my head to see Vince sprinting towards me. He looked terrified as he ran.

"This isn't the way Luci, please get down from there", He begged, his voice almost breaking.

"Go away Vincenzo. This doesn't concern you", I sneered at him, taking another drink.

"You're my little Sister Luciana", He cried.

I scoffed, "Yeah, I have been for what six or so hours now? What about the past twelve years Vince? Where were you then?"

Before anything else could be said, I felt two arms wrap around my torso and pull me off the edge.

"I never stopped looking for", Vince muttered into my hair.

I felt tears begin to run down my cheeks, they didn't stop. It felt like a never-ending waterfall.

"It's okay Luciana, I'm here now", Vince cooed as he rubbed his hand on my arm, still holding me tightly, "Let's get to the hotel so we can go home."

"I can't go back with Martino", I slurred, wiping my cheeks with my arm," I'm going to go to my apartment."

"Okay where is it", He asked, helping me up to my feet.

"Fourth street."

"Okay, that's not too far."

We walked to the end of the bridge; I was struggling not to trip over my own feet.

Vince sighed before picking me up bridal style.

"Good idea", I muttered.

Vince chuckled, "You'll get along with Lorenzo."

"Why do you say that?"

"He's always trying to sneak into the house after curfew from parties. I can always tell, He reeks of beer every time", Vince laughed.

I smiled. It was nice to hear my brother laugh after being away from him for so many years. This had been the first time in years that I had felt safe.

I must have fallen asleep on Vince; I opened my eyes in a panic as I heard loud noises. I quickly noticed my brother leaving the bathroom of my apartment.

He seemed like a giant inside my tiny home. It only had two rooms, the main living area and the bathroom.

"This is where you've been living for this whole time", Vince asked me with slight concern hidden in his words, he handed me a bottle of water from my fridge.

"No", I sighed, "I used to live with a friend before I started renting this place."

"I'm glad you weren't alone", He took a blanket from the end of the fold up couch that I was laying on and laid it out on the floor.

"What are you doing", I questioned.

"I'm going to sleep?"

I rolled my eyes and got up before he laid down. I unfolded the couch, so it was now big enough for the both of us. I snatched the blanket from the floor and chucked it at Vince.

I went over to my fridge and put the bottle inside. When I turned back around, Vince was now laying the bed.

When I woke up the following morning it took me a few moments to recall all my memories from last night. Vince, Martino, the bridge, and killing that bastard of a police officer.

I untangled myself from Vince, went over to my coffee pot, and began to brew a pot of sweet sweet coffee.

As I stood there waiting for the necessity to live, I began to think of when I first got to New York. Most of the details are still fuzzy, however I remember the first day really well.

I was taken to a foster home where I met my two best friends, Nicholas and Alexander Saloman. They were twin brother. When we all lived at the foster home, the three of us were practically inseparable.

That all changed on the day they learned they were getting new foster parents. The lady who ran the foster home took me along to take them to the airport so we could say goodbye one last time. As soon as the plane took off, the engine combusted. No bodies were recovered from the explosion.

A single tear escaped my eye and ran down my cheek. I instantly wiped it away. Soon after the coffee was done, Vince woke up and poured himself some.

I waited until he finished drinking before speaking.

"It's time for you to leave", I announced.

"What are you talking about", He questioned

"Last I checked, I pay the rent here and i say who stays and who goes. Now you can either leave willingly or I can call the cops on you for trespassing", I explained coldly.

He didn't say anything as he put his shoes on or when he left. I didn't particularly want him to leave, however There are people crawling around here who have been talking about wanting the Roman Brother's heads for trophies.

I started to feel uneasy. I grabbed my gun from the drawer and went outside just to be sure Vince was okay.

I noticed him instantly, barely anyone on this side of town dressed like he was. I began to follow him from a distance, staying out of sight. I looked away from him for less than a minute and he was in danger.

He was unconscious and being stuffed into a trunk of a car.

"God Damn it", I screamed loudly and began to run after the car.

Vince, what have you gotten me into....