Chapter 43- He

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

Double update

The second chapter is very long. I hope you don't mind.

Adriano Calvetti

I am standing on my balcony, looking over the fields and olive trees that will soon look entirely different, with the winter coming. The cool air is brushing against my skin as I take everything in. I lift the water bottle to my lips taking a sip.

And I am trying. I am trying so fucking hard not to think about her but what can I say... when she is wearing your last name and your family's ring and is only a few feet away from you, doing God knows what... it's fucking impossible.

Why is everything so difficult?

It was much easier when I hated her so much every time I saw her I had to fight the urge to rip her head off but I am sure everything will go back to normal.

If I- if I just think about the things she has done to me it will come back.

It's unforgivable. I would be fucking braindead to have feelings for her.

I don't. I just can't.

I am ripped out of my thoughts when my phone vibrates in the pocket of my suit pants.

I take it out and look at the screen, a grin spreading over my face as I see who is calling.

Fucking crazy that he even has time to call me between being balls deep in his girlfriend, planning everything out for the little devil, and working.

But the smile falls...as soon as I hear his voice.

"Boss, I am so sorry," Darius says as I accept his call.

"What the hell? What are you sorry for?"

"Adriano, we lost him."

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. No, they didn't lose him.

How could they have lost him? He was locked up. He was ready whenever I was ready to get my revenge.

He has been there for weeks but I just- I couldn't.

There was never the right moment, the right day to do it.

I wasn't ready.

"How?" I ask, raising my voice.

"He had help. He disappeared but the good thing is that this time it will be easier to find him because he is still somewhere in the country. We would know if he weren't." He says as I walk around in my office.

One hand presses the phone against my face while I run the other through my hair over and over again.

"Adriano?" Darius asks after a few moments.

"Bring him back. I want to have him back. Alive. He can't have a scratch." I say before hanging up again.

I let myself fall into my leather chair.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

How could that happen?

Why the fuck did I wait so long?

Why the fuck didn't I get my revenge the second I had him locked up in a hole?