Chapter 21: Lets Get There

We all order food and it was terrible, but at least it was something to put in our stomachs. When we were done eating it was late, but the bar was still busy. "We still have a big problem." Reael said as she refrained from throwing up the horrible food, and I nodded, "Yeah, how are we going to get to Los Vegas?" I said, and she nodded. "I can help with that." I heard a voice say from behind Zacael, and he jumped as he looked back, and my mouth fell open. It was my grandmother, and beside her was Felix. The Gifted guy who helped contact Reael to come and save me form the Academy. She was wearing her normal nice clothes, and looked completely out of place at the biker bar. "Grandma! What are you doing here? How did you find us?" I asked as I stood up and ran over to hug her. "Esme, I am so glad you are okay! The attack on the school was horrible and I cannot believe that people, that horrible, actually exist in the world." she said, and I nodded. I sat back down and Grey pulled a chair over for her and Felix. "What happened?" I asked, and I glanced at bother her and Felix who had given C a quick bro hug. "I was helping kid's teleport to the elfish kingdom and then somehow I was teleported to China. That is how I knew it was Wizards who attacked the school. Felix here, found me, because of his ability, and he told me to meet him, and I did. When your mother went missing I knew I had to help you, so Felix and I have been waiting for you. Oh, I forgot to tell you Esme, my gift it knowing where anyone in the world is in that moment... if they are alive." she said and I smiled at her, she was amazing. Then I looked over at Felix. He had light brown hair, dark caramel skin, and light blue eyes. He was a good looking kid, and he looked like he was about 15. He reminded me of Allister and it made me miss him even more. "What is the plan?" I asked my grandmother, and she grinned as she laid out the plan.

My grandmother had brought a black van, and it had plenty of seat for all of us. It had nice cushioned seats and a cooler that had actual food in it. I was very thankful for the amazing grandmother I had, and that Felix had done all of that for us. My grandmother said she could get us there in a day in a half. We were all thrilled and everyone fell asleep within minutes. When I woke back up it was 10:00 in the morning the next day, and everyone was mingling, laughing, and it almost looked like an actual road trip. I frowned and looked out the window. Suddenly I felt someone slip into the seat next to me, and I looked over to find Grey and he handed me a granola bar. "Morning." he said, and I gave him my best attempt at a smile as I took the granola bar form his hands. "You're chirpy this morning." I said, and he shook his head, "No." he said, and I nodded slowly, "Same. I can't get this image of Wizards casting evil spells over my mother, out of my head." I said, and he studied my face, "Esme, we are going to rescue her. Don't worry." he said, and I nodded, but it was just for show. Kase suddenly let out a laugh from a few rows in front of us on the opposite side, and we both looked over at him. "Do you trust him?" he asked, and I looked over at him in surprise, "Why wouldn't I?" I asked, and he raised an eye brow, "His Grandfather is a Styx." he said, and things suddenly started to make since. I remembered that one night when we had talked about it, and he said that I wasn't the only one with elfish blood in me. Was he referring to his grandfather being a Styx? Styx are not elves. "I did not know that." I said, and I looked at Kase like I have never looked at him before. "I just want you to be aware." he said, and I nodded. "Oh, by the way, Thalia contacted me this morning." he said, and I looked over at him in surprise, "Really!" I said, and he nodded. "I was thinking that we could meet up with her after we recue you mom." he said, and my heart tightened. "Right." I said, and he was about to say something, when suddenly, Kase shoved a pillow in my face. In that split second I was extremely confused. Suddenly the car jerked to a jaw wrenching stop and I flew into the seat in front of me, but instead of hurting my neck and slamming into the set in front of me, I slammed into the soft pillow and it didn't even hurt. Everything was silent for a long moment and I looked up at Kase. "That would have landed you in the hospital for three weeks." he said, and I blinked at him in shock. I remembered how I had realized he could see short spirts of the future right before they happened. That was why his eyes randomly become unfocused. I blinked at him, "Well, thanks then." I said, and he gave me a grin. "Sorry!" I heard my grandmother call back. Grey suddenly stood up and walked away for some reason I didn't know.