28

Alexis

"Love."

The moment he said the name, I raised my head to oblige to his command. Czar was staring at me with a force that would have made me compel to avert my gaze; however, at the same time, I couldn't look away. If I had believed in supernatural power, I would have thought he was trying to control my soul, or maybe he was. Nothing in this world so far had seemed to be normal for me. Just a day, and I lost my tendency to distinguish what was real and what was my imagination.

I started feeling as if a force was trying to erase my pain. My clenched chest seemed to unclench on its own. My palpitating heart, on its own, was slowing down and my clogged throat ease out, making it easier for me to breath. The suffocation I felt since the moment I woke up lightened up and the air around me suddenly felt warm. While I was feeling the change in and around me, Czar's gaze didn't leave mine. A gentle gust of wind seemed to open up the void I was feeling inside, flitting my loose strand of hair as if soothing my inner turmoil.

"Are you alright?" he asked me after a while.

His voice broke my trance and I blinked in confusion. Was I feeling alright?

I couldn't help feel the strange soothing aura around me before nodding to him.

"Your food is getting cold," he said, making me sit on the white canape.

My body stiffened when he sat beside me and placed his palm over my waist. As a reflex to his proximity I found myself sitting at the edge of the couch while he leaned back, crossing his leg at his knees. The thin gown did nothing to mask the caressing of his thumb over my waist, sending a ripple of goosebumps over my skin. I focused my gaze on the food, which seemed to be more unusual than the food I used to eat 48 hours ago; the time I was about to start my life. When the realization hit me, a choked sob escaped my throat.

I flinched when he leaned closer to me, tightening his arm around my waist, "Is the food not as per your taste?"

Even though I didn't know the complete truth but I knew this, if I said the food was not good, he would not even blink before killing the person and my shattered soul couldn't take the burden of someone's blood on it.

"It is good. It's just I never ate these dishes before," I replied without looking at him. What was supposed to be a firm tone turned into a whisper.

"The food in your world is pathetic, no wonder you lack energy," I heard him before I start eating again..

I only wanted to be left alone, to drown in my sorrow but knowing my luck, I was sure I won't be getting it soon. I kept eating without uttering another word or thinking about my earlier life. It would only make it difficult for me and I needed to pull myself together to think through. My senses were aware of his thumb drawing a small circle over me. Two maids stood near the door, and again no surprise, with her head bowed down.

Even the simple action of swallowing was difficult with him sitting close to me. If it was up to him, he would have made me lay beneath him forever instead of letting me spend time doing trivial things like eating. His impatience was visible when a small stroke of thumb turned into his palm gliding over my back and ass and ended up choking because of swallowing the food in fright.

"I won't do anything to you," he answered my fear but didn't stop touching me.

What was supposed to be only a few minutes of eating, felt like time was moving at a turtle speed. When with great difficulty I ate, the maid came forward with a bowl filled with peculiar liquid. I bit my cheek to stop the question that was on the tip of my tongue and accepted the bowl.

"Xavier prepared potions for you, it will help your body to adjust to this world," the moment he said, I understood the underlying meaning to his words, the potion will help me heal whenever he would take me which was going to be a frequent affair.

Without protesting, I gulped the disgusting drink and set the bowl on the table with an audible heavy gulp. The moment he sent the maid off, I expected him to pounce on me like the monster he was but, to my surprise, he took my hand and raised it to his lips before kissing my knuckle and cupping my face with another. I had no other option but to look into his eyes. I find it strange, he always makes me look into his eyes every time he speaks.

"There are many things I have to tell you and I know you also have a lot of questions. But first I need you to be healthy and let your body become accustomed to this world. Xavier will make potions which you need to take as told," he said expecting an answer and I nodded.