Chapter 7: Gotham Academy

The week flew by so fast Marinette didn't even notice it was Sunday until Alfred came up to her that morning with her Gotham Academy Uniform, saying she would start school tomorrow. She didn't have to make any adjustments as it already fit her well. The next morning, she got dressed. It was a purple blazer with a white shirt and a purple short skirt. She put her hair into a ponytail with a braided headband and decided against make up.

To say she was nervous was an understatement, but she didn't let the feeling show. She had grown into not letting emotions show, as a defence mechanism against Hawkmoth and Lila, as if Lila saw her happy... let's saw it wouldn't end well. She looked at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath.

"Don't be nervous Marinette, I'm sure everything's going to be ok"

"Thanks Tikki," she replied. and kissed her forehead.

She went down at 5:30, and helped Alfred with breakfast. The two had grown quite close over the past few days, ad contrary to Marinette's thoughts before he was actually quite nice to talk to. He told her the family's biggest kitchen fails - and there were plenty of those - and figured the reason why none of them were allowed in the kitchen.

Apparently when Tim ran out of his coffee flavoured ice cream ikr he decided to mix together whipped cream and coffee ( ' I don't even know here he found the coffee i hid them all because he drinks far to much to be healthy ' ) and put it in the freezer..

and forgot about it..

for a week.

And to melt it guess what he did?

He put it in the 'big microwave' (I thought it would go faster if I put it in the bigger microwave Alfreddd) ..

For an hour.

He was never allowed inside again.

timeskip to breakfast brought to you by Tim's fatal kitchen knowledge

They were all having breakfast on the table, Jason piling croissants onto his plate, then Dick waiting for him to turn the other way to grab the croissants and make a run for it. Marinette giggled and said, " You know there's more in the kitchen right?" They both glared at each other and ran towards the kitchen. They both yelling "HOT" and ran around looking for water. When they back to the table to a proudly smirking Marinette and a laughing table.

"Now, will you steal food again?"

"No" they grumbled and sat down in silence, embarrassed enough for one day. The rest of them laughed even louder at that. Even Damien chuckled. It was moments like these Bruce remembered how much his family meant to him, he didn't see them as much as he should because of work. Then his eye caught a certain bright blue eyed, black haired petite girl, and saw just how much a part of the family she had become, she even looked somewhat similar to the rest of them. He internally sighed, ' too bad ' he thought, she had loving parents and other family. He would never admit it to his family of course.

"Oh don't worry Master Bruce" he jumped a little. He really should stop being so surprised at Alfred and his mysterious mind-reading. He continued, quietly so only he could hear, "something tells me she will end up part of the family anyway." motioning to Marinette and Damien talking. Bruce smiled, Alfred was never wrong...

"Time for school" Alfred said.

Damien grumbled, Marinette tensed a bit, but nodded and stood up. She stroked Alfred, who was nuzzling her ankle and a walked out behind Damien and Alfred.

They both got into the limo, and sat in silence for a while. In that time Damien's thoughts ran wild. He hated this feeling. The feeling that you don't know something. He had checked her file and every other piece of information on her she could find. But there was so much missing, so much unclear. One moment you feel you know hew and the next you don't virtually anything about her at all. He was brought back to his senses by Marinette snapping her fingers in front of his face.