16

AFTER DINNER, and Blue's bath, I've finally finished cleaning up, and I'm leaning against a kitchen counter, trying to catch my breath.

"He's alseep," Bethany walks into the kitchen, in only her boy shorts and bralette. My eyes nearly fall out.

"Okay," I swallow and bite down on the insides of my cheeks.

"I'm going to take a shower," she heads towards her room, making me frown. I expected her to make a move on me, but she didn't.

Running my hand over my dirty blouse, I realize that I need to shower too. Without thought, I head into her room, only to find her pulling down her boyshorts. Stumbling back, I place my hands over my eyes like a baby would, almost falling down.

"Fuck, I'm sorry," the heat that rises to my cheeks makes my entire body tremble. I'm such an idiot.

"That was so on purpose," her footsteps move closer, and she moves my hands away from my face, admiring my hot red cheeks, "you're that embarrassed?" She asks.

My eyes don't leave hers, even though I really want to see if she's naked or not. Are her panties gone? Did she also take off her bra, just to tease me? I wouldn't know, because I can't bring myself to look down.

"I wasn't thinking, I—" her lips meet mine hastily, catching me completely off guard. I don't reciprocate, and step back, shocked and turned on, making me so nervous.

Her eyes search mine, and she seems disappointed. Why did I reject her? My skin tingles for warmth, and my mouth waters to taste her lips.

"You're terrified," she takes my hand in hers, and kisses the back of my palm. That calms me down instantly, and she pulls me in, but doesn't kiss me. Instead, she wraps her arms around my torso, hugging me. My eyes close, and an immediate comfort washes over my tense muscles, "I shouldn't have, I'm sorry," she mumbles.

I hate that she's apologizing. Am I stupid enough to not kiss her back? Moving my hands up to her cheeks, I cup them and lean back, looking into those perfect blue eyes. There's no denying that I want her, but only I know that, right? I should show her... she deserves to know how I really feel—how I desperately want her.

"Bethany," I caress her cheeks with the pads of my thumbs, getting lost in her eyes. She's so beautiful, and my heart tugs to meet hers, metaphorically, of course, "I really want to kiss you."

My confession makes her blush, so, at least, I'm not the only one with red colored cheeks tonight. I lean closer, allowing the essence of her presence to fully envelope my body. I haven't felt so at peace in so many years, where someone's body can make me feel so at ease.

"Then kiss me," she whispers, almost silently. She's doubtful and afraid that I'll move away, I can tell. I need to tuck my fears away, and show this woman that I do want her. I don't want her to feel rejected anymore, and can't keep ignoring my feelings for her.

She deserves to know the truth—of how much I adore her, how much I care, and want to be with her.

Leaning even closer, I hear a soft gasp escape her lips. She grips my waist, and waits for my lips to meet hers. I know that I'm taking my time, but I want this kiss to be perfect. I want it to express every ounce of the feelings that I have for her.

Breathing in, my lips brush against hers, my insides screaming with anxiety. Her hands tighten around my waist, as my tongue enters her mouth slowly. I love kissing her. Since that night, I can't get her soft lips out of my mind.

Without our lips parting, she leads me over to the bed, and pushes me back, making me fall onto the bedding. Her knees are on the bed, as her hands run up my sides, and over my shoulder blades. My hands move onto her chest, before she intertwines our fingers, and lifts my arms above my head, pinning me down.