𝟑: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬

I was plopped onto a cushion chair, listening to the amount of voices mushed together. Being at a police station sure gave you all the inside dirt on all of the suspects.

"Do you recall any suspicious activity?" One officer with a large hat asked.

"Nope..haven't checked his phone records yet. We'll be checking in probably a couple days, or the quickest time would be tomorrow. The system is pretty slow and bummed so we're trying our best." Another officer said, scratching his head. The oversized jacket that Dewey gave me curled over my waist and shoulders. I blankly stared at the sightings in front of me.

"But I didn't do anything!" I overheard. It sounded like Billy.

"Sure, sure kid, that's what they all say. We don't know if you really did anything, but for now, we're keeping you locked up." I felt gawks behind the crook of my head.

"(Y/N), I'm telling you! I didn't do it- awh! Get off!" Billy got cut off. Tears piled down onto my lap. I almost jumped when a female voice entered the area.

"Hey (Y/N)."

"Sidney..? Is that you?" I mumbled.

"Yeah." She softly said, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry (Y/N).." Sidney soothed. She scooted to the side and crouched down in front of me.

"I should be telling you the same thing." I muttered.

"I'm completely..fine. Something was off about Billy anyways." Sidney said. I could tell she was lying.

"Did you break up with him?" I sniffed.

"No.." Sidney replied. "We still need to talk about that. I'm gonna go visit him at his cell tomorrow so we can settle everything." she bluntly spoke.

"Mhm...I hope it goes well for you guys. Like they said, he isn't the confirmed killer." I assured, she smiled and nodded before getting up and petting my hair. I nuzzled my nose with her hand and watched her leave. My legs rose me up to my feet, stretching my limbs.

"(Y/N) (L/N). We'd like to question you." Sheriff Burke stated. I walked over to the firm glass door, opening it and walking inside.

-

A cool breeze shriveled by. I shivered and rustled through the pockets of my jeans. I licked my lips and looked around. I was all alone in the middle of the streets.

I regretted saying no to when Dewey offered to drive me home. Crossing my arms didn't make anything seem better.

The good thing about all of this was that I wouldn't receive any of those phone calls anymore. It's said that Billy is the killer. But honestly, I'd never really know if he was framed.

My feet kicked the fallen rocks placed on the side walk. Trees rustled near me. My house was just a few blocks down, as I was getting close.

"Finally.." I mumbled. I picked up my pace, spotting the lime green estate across.

The second I stepped onto my front porch, I had an eerie feeling. I'd planned to stay over at Tatum's tomorrow, because of everything that had happened.

I grasped the doorknob open after putting in my key and walked in. Immediately, tingles fell upon my spine like before. I brushed my hair too the side and pressed my arms around the nape of my neck. I kicked the door shut behind. I trudged upstairs to pack a couple of things for my stay at Tatum's.

As I walked. I could smell dry blood stain the air.

I went into my room and first eyed the round mirror. I gazed into it, trying to adjust my features because of how messed up I looked. I inspected every part of my figure, except for one part. My neck.

The cuts were chapped. They were dry, but still fresh. I touched them and gritted my teeth. I turned away from the mirror and stepped over to my closet. I grabbed a duffle type bag and stared at the many bright options of clothing. My hands rummaged through the mess of fabric as I stuffed it all into my bag. I pulled myself up and went over to the blank white dresser near my door, dumping some of my underwear out and tossing them into the already full bag.

The corded phone on my desk began to ring. I was hesitant at first, but knew Billy couldn't really call me from where he was. I pulled it off its holder and raised it up to my ear.

"Helloo?" I trailed.

"Hey (Y/N), it's me Tatum. Just wanted to ask if you could make it over to my house today instead of tomorrow? Or I could just pick you up, maybe. I got a new red ride which is sweet!" I smiled in a short notice of relief.

"Yeah. I'd be happy too, Tate. My house is giving me the sudden chills anyways." I replied.

"Okay! I'll pick you up in about..five minutes. Sound good?" she asked. I twirling the cord around my finger.

"Yup. I'll see you then." I said.

"Alright. Bye." Tatum bashed. I hung up and placed the phone back where it belonged. My grip on the duffle bag was tight. I slipped it over my shoulder and carried it downstairs. I skidded over to the front door and opened it, there was a step I could sit and wait on, so I sat there. My hand slumped over to my chin and leaned on it. Watching about two cars pass by made time go even slower.

I jumped when I saw a red car pull up to the curb. Familiar looking gold blonde hair stroked out of the window. It was pitch black outside, but I could still clearly see Tatum. Her hands made a motion as in to say 'get over here'. I readjusted my bag and rushed over to her car. She grinned, which brought a smile up to my face.

"You're lucky my mom let you come stay over today. She's in a cranky mood, but she understands what you have been through." Tatum rolled her eyes and creased her lipstick from the bottom. I giggled slightly.

"Yeah okay, just drive please." I said and kicked my seat.

"Okay, okay.." Tatum mumbled and steered her wheel, backing the car up and driving off into the road. My worries quickly disappeared. I stared at the pavement of my house. Drowsiness took over and batted my lashes slightly.

-hi it's currently 10:45 😈👍

Word count: 1086