25.1

By the end of Shang JunLin's sentence, there was a deep chill in his voice.

Cold sweat broke out on the King of Li's forehead. He knelt down with a 'plop'. "This servant doesn't dare!"

"This emperor thinks you dare too much! If this emperor hadn't come across you today, how else were you planning to coerce the noble monarch?"

Shang JunLin stepped behind Shen Yu and reached out to take him into his arms. "This emperor didn't know the King of Li and the King of Yue were so concerned about the private affairs of myself and the noble monarch."

The King of Yue was already kneeling. Under the pressure of the emperor's authority, he hardly dared to glance up at Shen Yu.

Shen Yu was leaning in the arms of the taller man, his posture relaxed. There was no trace of fear on his face.

He wasn't afraid at all that Shang JunLin would find out what happened between them before!

The King of Yue finally understood this.

How much did Shang JunLin spoil Shen Yu? His eyes darkened.

"Who gave you the courage to persecute this emperor's noble monarch? Hmm?"

Shang JunLin's slightly chilly voice rang out on the empty path. The palace servants around them were all kneeling, and the King of Li buried his head. The clothes on his back gradually became soaked with sweat.

He couldn't figure out why Shang JunLin had suddenly appeared here.

Clearly, his informant in the palace had said the emperor was having a discussion in the imperial study and wouldn't leave for a while. When the King of Li happened to see Shen Yu leave Yuzhang Palace alone, he intercepted him.

The King of Li knew Shang JunLin was too difficult to deal with, so he wanted to start with Shen Yu. He never thought Shang JunLin would catch him in the act.

"Your Majesty, this servant is guilty."

Under the full force of Shang JunLin's anger, the King of Li didn't dare to make any excuses for himself, let alone try to figure out how long Shang JunLin had been listening to him threaten Shen Yu.

"This servant is aware of my offense," the King of Yue, who'd been silent until now, said in a hoarse voice. "This servant just wanted to ask the noble monarch about something for a friend."

The King of Yue said this to remind Shen Yu not to suddenly talk nonsense in front of the emperor.

When Mu Xi heard this, she glared at the King of Yue. He actually presumed to say such a thing—what a scumbag.

"His Highness the King of Yue is such a devoted friend. I wonder what kind of relationship the King of Yue has with this person. Is this friend worth the King of Yue taking such a big risk to enter the palace on his behalf?" Shen Yu glanced obliquely at the King of Yue kneeling on the ground, as if his eyes saw something distasteful.

"This servant..."

Shen Yu interrupted. "The person the King of Yue is talking about isn't himself, is it? If the King of Yue wants to ask me anything, just say it directly. No need to talk in circles."

The King of Yue was silent. Shen Yu was right. The King of Yue didn't dare to reveal any details in front of Shang JunLin. It was a major crime for a vassal king to flout the orders of the emperor and return to the capital without permission.

Shang JunLin squeezed Shen Yu's hand. In a low voice, deliberately pitched so both the King of Li and the King of Yue could hear him, he asked, "Does the noble monarch know what the King of Yue wanted to ask you?"