** SEVEN **

"Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity."-
Khalil Gibran

*****

            YASMINE DROPPED HER brother off at his class and she head straight to the senior block building. She greeted a few seniors students on the way, replied to juniors greeting and stopped to say hi to some few of her team mate.

While she walk to her block, she began to anticipate meeting her friends - the triplets, Khalid and Jared. They comes first before anyone else. Those guys have been with her since she could remember. She had missed them a lot especially the twins from different mothers - Jesse and Khalid and her best male friend Jedekaih 'Kai'.

Every one had been busy having their own fun separately in different places across the world during the holidays. The last holiday happens to be one of the few holidays that they didn't have any get together until the school resumes. And they weren't able to get together and see each other except on the phone.

Since the Okoye twins party three months ago, they have not been together in a place. And she missed everyone. Even the rest of the clique at Lagos. She can't wait to see everyone back together.

Jewel, Chinemerem and Chinecherem.

She had missed everyone of them and seeing them together in a place.

Fortunately, the most important ones to her in the group happens to be in the same school with her and that was the greatest thing that can happen to her.

She was in the school already but she was still eager to meet them. She couldn't wait to see the look on Jesse and Khalid face. She had intended to surprise them this term. And she can't wait to see that flabbergasted expression on their faces.

A smile found its way across her lips at the thought of it.

A few students called her name, waving at her and Yasmine waved back at some of the girls that she knew with much enthusiasm. And that was because she was really happy that morning.

Yasmine could also notice the stare and look from the guys both juniors and seniors. Some of the junior students could only stare her way and muttered among themselves. Those that have a bit of acquaintance with her made comments after saying their greetings to her. And those who haven't had the gut to speak with her before did so for the first time.

The attention on her wasn't new and not strange but she knew this time it wasn't because she was friend to the most popular boys in the school or been the captain of the female basketball team but because of her choice of dressing.

She guessed they are all shocked to see her that way.

A smirk formed at the corner of her lips. She guessed Jesse was right. It was absolutely ridiculous hiding those gifts she possess.

She had thought she would hate the new attention but she was loving it. It was so different from being the basketball star.

"You're hot babe." Collins, her classmate and the vice captain of the male football team remarked when he met her on the stairs. He stopped to stare at her, scratching the back of his head.

"Thanks Cole." She appreciated.

"It's a pleasure babe." He winked at her. Then he moved past her but not before taking a backward glance.

She chuckled with a shake of her head, walking away. 

Her lips curved to a small smile when she sighted the head boy with his best friend who just finished having a conversation with the head girl. The pretty head girl walked away from the duo and the two gave each other a bro handshake.