Ch. 1

A/N: hello! Welcome to chapter one :D I won't have many authors notes because I want to focus on the story but! Here is just a quick template for how the chapters will most likely go:

- story will always be told from the perspective of Midas unless said otherwise
- in chapters with mature themes I will put an 'MA' in the title
- there will be time stamps and dates in almost every chapter
- there will usually be an 'edited' note at the top if I have looked over the chapter and fixed spelling/grammar mistakes
- there will be a word count at the bottom of each chapter (if I remember lmao)
- other than that, enjoy!

[ edited ]

Thursday, March 31st, 6:13 pm

Coach Guild (out of her college sweatshirt)^^

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck, I thought to myself as I sprinted from my car, shouldering my heavy bag as my already sweaty baseball pants and tournament tee clung to my sticky skin.

I shifted my baseball bag slightly, groaning out loud when my bat started to slip out as I continued to sprint, my cheeks becoming heavily flushed.

I was late to practice. Again. God, coach Guild was going to kill me! How could I be so stupid?! Curse you stupid Mario Kart for being so addictive and curse you younger sister Rhea for having such good puppy dog eyes!

At last, I finally made it to the dugout, panting as I cooled down in the shade the overhang of the structure provided me. It was absolutely sweltering outside.

I took it upon myself to look out at the field, and I grimaced when I saw that my team was already doing the last of our team's stretches, and getting ready to do our throwing warmups, as coach Guild barked out orders and grasped the arms of the boys with her acrylic decorated hands, telling them to 'bend their curve more'.

I quickly set my stuff down, pulling out my cleats, starting to untie the knots they were in, and then I paused. I didn't have my water bottle.

"Fuck!" I yelled out loud, accompanied with a loud groan. My sudden outburst was enough to cause the rest of my teammates to finally notice me.

My face turned red as some of my teammates laughed at my expense, while others just shook their heads. One of the dicks who was laughing at me was Kazuya Vitus. Kai.

My face grew into an angry frown as he doubled over in laughter. God, I hated him. He wiped a metaphorical tear from his eye before making eye contact and smirking at me, eventually going back to throwing with one of his best buddies on the team, Blake.

I rolled my eyes, grumbling to myself, and went to pull on my cleats, tying them back into their natural bow shape when I heard someone clear their throat above me. I looked at the shoes currently directly in front of my face and gulped.

They were a beaten pair of Nike's, with blue and purple streaks, like some sort of unicorn spit on them and decided to call them a sports shoe. The laces were tied in two perfect bows, and the person above me's socks shined a bright neon green.

Sweat immediately settled on my brow.

"Ahem" Coach Guild cleared her throat again, getting my attention. I slowly looked up at her, now done with tying my cleats. My adam's apple bobbed nervously.