Chapter 9

Greylee

After I got in the car I asked Luca again where he was taking me and he just said it was a surprise.

We just pulled up to a gas station. Luca gets out and comes around and opens my door. I take off my seat belt and get out. He closes my door and I follow him to the gas station.

"Pick whatever you want the car ride is about an hour long," he says

"An hour long! Where the fuck are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise Greylee"

"Yeah yeah I know" I say and I roll my eyes

I go to the back of the store and grab a Dr. Pepper then I go to the candy aisle and grab a Kit Kat, Sour Patch Kids, and gummy bears weird combination I know. I then go to the chip aisle and grab a bag of Doritos

Once I have everything I want I go and look for Luca and I find him getting a slushy. He doesn't notice me yet so I go over and scream "BOO!" and he screams and jumps up and I just burst into laughter cause it's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

"Fuck Greylee why did you do that?" He asks

"Cause I felt like it," I say

"Are you ready to go?" he asks

I nod my head, yes and we go over to pay. I start to get my money out to pay for myself but he ends up paying for me before I get my money out and I tell him thank you because there is no point in arguing about who is going to pay because he wins every time.

We grab our stuff and go to the car and he opens the door for me. I get in and he closes my door and goes over to his side and gets in and buckles his seat belt and starts the car and drives.

♡♡︎♡︎

An hour later we arrived at this lake that has a short dock.

"Wow, this is so pretty."

"How did you find this place?" I ask him

"I found it when I was driving around and ever since it has been where I come to sit and think or when I need peace and quiet"

"It's beautiful"

"Come on" he takes my hand and leads me to the end of the dock and we sit down and just stare at the lake and all the trees around us.

We sit in silence but it's not an awkward silence, it's a comfortable silence.

He breaks the silence first. "Tell me about yourself," he asks

"What's there to tell? I'm an only child. It's just me and my mom because my parents are divorced. My dad has a new family. He has a wife named Jena. They have been together for 2 years now Jena has a daughter named Emma she is 15 and me and her don't really get along. They are expecting a baby girl soon. My only friends are Nova, Aspen, and Emelia. I like to read. I've lived here all my life."

"Your turn"

"I lived back in Maryland all my life, well that was before we moved here. My parents are happily together mom, is a nurse, and my dad is a mechanic. It's just me and Nova, no other siblings. We moved here as you know because of me for something I'm not proud of. Let's just say I was hanging around the wrong people back in Maryland. We moved here so I could get a fresh start and let's just say I wasn't happy about it in the beginning but now I think it was the best thing my parents ever decided for me."

"Why do you think it was the best decision they made for you"

"Because I met you and that's the best thing that has ever happened to me since I move here."

"Do you want to know what the second thing was?"

"What?"

"This"

He cups my chin and pulls me forward and before I know it his lips lock with mine. At first, I'm in shock but once the shock is gone I kiss him back. I run my finger through his hair and he pulls me closer to him. He sucks my bottom lip and bites it and lets it go and he pulls away and looks me in the eyes and tells me "That was the second best thing about moving here." and I just blush and look away. He cups my jaw, pulls my face back up so I'm looking at him again and he just pecks my lips.

"Come on let's take you home it's getting late.''

I just nod my head and he takes my hand and leads me to the car.

OMG! I JUST KISSED LUCA!

  ♡♡♡︎

Authors note:

Word count: 818

AHHH! THEY FINALLY KISSED!