Disciplined

After I finished I laid on my bed and began staring at the ceiling to get myself to doze off, that became short lived as a loud thud caught my attention and had me to my feet. I sensed a presence that I hoped wouldn't come home this soon. "RAVEN OCTAVIA LUNAR BLACK, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW" he snarled from down stairs. A sense of fear had the hairs on my body stand up. Why did they call him first? I hesitated to follow his order. I started walking down the stairs, peeking from the corner of the wall. I spotted him pacing. "Come here Raven. I won't call you again." he growled again. I wanted to sprint for it, bolt even but I'll have to get past him to get to the door front or the back. I sighed mentally but still went to face him, I didn't make eye contact not to challenge his authority this time.

"Tell me where did I go wrong with you" he spoke dryly. I really want to answer his question at this moment but I wouldn't list them off respectfully. "Get to the forest we are going to do some drills, from the way you've been acting up lately don't expect me to be lenient." I clenched my jaw careful of what I was about to say. "So you're not even going to ask me to explain my side to the story" I muttered. "Raven get to the forest" he repeated ignoring my question. Without another word I walked out the back door, he followed closely behind. We were at the training ground for the pack and here I stand. I am really about to do drills for just defending myself. "You know what to start doing, the tree is right there, start your pull-ups you're doing this for ten do you hear me" he barked to which I nodded. Ten minutes is a bit much but I can manage this. I know this is only the beginning of my punishment.

---

After my drills he had me sparing my ass off, testing my physical strength and agility. I was thrown on my back more times than I can count right. Dad was getting old but he still had it in him that went on until nightfall. I got to my room and collapsed on the floor, I couldn't go on anymore my body was aching at this point. A few minutes went by and the aching was bearable enough for me to stand and get a shower. Now sulking in my bed browsing through my phone I got a text from Grace. "Grace...I kind of miss your company" I said, chuckling. This is ironic because I had just personally met her yesterday. Why the hell am I even thinking this way?

Gracie: hey I heard you got into a fight what happened

You: same guy from the party caught me off guard

Gracie: Seriously? That's low are you oka...

You: I'm fine other than a still throbbing nose and the occasional bleeding

Gracie: that's messed up did you get suspended

You: sadly

Gracie: well if you'd like I could bring you some assignments from the classes we have together

You: really thank you so much you're a lifesaver

Gracie: it's no problem where do you live so I can bring them in the morning

You: oh, it's Breadfruit Rd the house next to the woodlands

Gracie: I'll bring them see ya in the morn

The excitement grew inside me and I don't know why but...could it be...could she be my… No, I'm not even at the age yet. However it could be possible though I pushed the thought in the back of my mind. My door opened and there stood my dad.... Again. “Come down stairs for dinner" he said walking off, I guess mom's home now.

Grumbling, I got up and followed him down. Mom was in the kitchen when she turned around and her face turned to a puzzled look. "What happened to you?" she questioned. "She got into a fight in school" father answered for me. "And now she's suspended for the week" he continued glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and took my seat. “A fight, what happened. Who started it" she asked. "It doesn't matter who started it, she was still involved with the whole incident. Other than that Raven you're grounded until your suspension is over".

“Great now you're grounding me and you haven't even heard the whole story yet, what the hell dad." I growled. “Don't you raise your voice at me, little girl" he snapped back. "I'm seventeen, I am far from little father,” I snarled. He slammed his hands on the table standing up. "You are getting out of line, Raven, stop while you're ahead. I'm going to feel sorry for your mate if he doesn't get you in line" he shouted hovering over me. “Both of you stop it" mother intervened father stopped his rant but I was fed up for the day. “Fuck this I'll be in my room.” I moved from the table and went back to my room I didn't have an appetite anymore. Dad called after me but after the shit he pulled I don't care if I get more drills while I'm home I just wanted to be alone right.

I still could hear their argument faintly but I could make out what they were talking about. (What is wrong with you, can't you go one day without picking a fight with her) , (I'm not picking fights she's next in line to take your place and I'm trying to help her to straighten out for that role), (help is not what your doing right now, this is the same reason why Emma left).

Emma... My older sister, we were close..very close. One day she had a disagreement with dad and that same night she just left. Dad never said what had happened but it must have been pretty bad, but she just left without saying a simple goodbye and that hurt, once I'm done with school I'm setting all my focus on locating her. I didn't get much sleep because my hunger came back but I slept through, barely and the morning came like nothing. My parents had already left and I got a text from Grace that she was on her way with the assignments. I got up to take a shower quickly, a warm one though, last night's events still played over in my head after all. 

When I got out there was a knock at the door. I threw on basketball shorts and a long sleeved shirt before running downstairs. I opened the door and there she stood, dressed in black jeans a white tee with a flannel jacket. "Hey.." she said softly. "Hey..c-come inside" I stepped aside letting her in. "So what did I miss yesterday". "Well you've missed getting assignments for math, history, chemistry, and English" she responded by digging through her bag. "um, all that," I sighed painfully. "Yeah, I guess you picked the wrong day to get into trouble. Oh,and all this is due on Friday" she says, giving me notes I've missed. "Damn thanks anyway" I said with a small smirk. " Your welcome" she smiled back.

I have a lot of shit to do now , I wanted to talk with her more but I know she has to get to school. I can't leave the house cause father took my keys so I can't give her a ride, and I'm not supposed to have anyone over right now. But I sensed something off. I caught his scent and it was close. My eyes darted to Grace who was about to open the door, acting quickly I grabbed her and ran up stairs to my room with her in my arms. I locked the door behind us. "W-what the hell-" I cut her off, covering her mouth with my hand. I held my finger to my mouth with my free hand and moved the other. 

"What the hell" she whispered. "My dad's home and I'm not supposed to have anyone over" I whispered back. "Raven, have you seen my phone? " he shouted from downstairs. I told him I haven't seen it but he found it rather quickly, the front door opened and closed again and the truck started and the sound of the engine faded completely after a few minutes. "um,can I leave now?" she asked meekly. 

"Ah,s-sorry-" I peeked out and the truck wasn't there and his scent was faintly weak now. "Yeah you can go now...sorry again" I said embarrassed. "It's fine...I'll be going now" she mumbled, smiling.

****