22

Chapter Twenty Two - Red Handed

One week later.

"Guys! We're moving in thirty." Griffin calls as he walks into the living room. Me and Judah glance at each other before staring at him as if he's grown two heads. He sets his phone down on the coffee table. "I've put you on speakerphone Cameron. Whenever you're ready."

"My father has found out that you guys are in Ireland. He dispatched a team from Spain an hour ago and just boarded a plane himself." Cameron speaks in a rushed manner and my eyes widen in panic.

"Alright, time for you guys to take Macy and get the hell out of here so Quintana can finally find me." Judah states as he pops open a packet of skittles.

"No! He's going to find me anyways!" I retort and match his murderous glare.

"Guys –" Griffin starts to intervene but gets interrupted.

"Macy, you're making it unnecessarily hard for at least one of us to stay alive!" Judah frowns and I yelp when he throws the candy at me. "In case you forgot we don't have time for this!"

"Exactly! We don't have time to deal with your caveman overprotective ass! I'm getting caught with you whether you like it or not so you can shove your suggestions up your ass!" I cross my arms with a huff.

"Mace –"

"End of story." I seethe but don't miss the way his eyes glint with amusement and desire.

"Fine." He grumbles before taking a seat next to me. "Let's get planning."

"Fucking finally!" Cameron snaps in annoyance which makes me jump.

"I know right?! Your sister is always arguing with me!" Judah whines and I swat his arm with a grumble.

"Sorry Cam. What's the plan?" I ask as the rest of the team enter.

"Judah, you're not really the main target anymore and neither is Alejandra. He wants Marcella. I'm moving you all to a safe house in Turkey and this will be the last time you're on the run. At six p.m. Venezuela time tomorrow the Quintana empire will be a thing of the past." Cameron states which captures my attention. "We've finally tracked down all the trafficking victims. Griffin has the flash drives full of shit on dad that'll put him in jail for a lifetime. That'll go live while Alejandra leads the FBI onto main base. It's all going to end tomorrow and then we'll be free."

"Wait a minute." Griffin frowns in confusion. "Why not have the FBI track him and let them catch him wherever he is the moment the information is out?"

"Because we can't track his private jet anymore. I'm fully sure he doesn't trust me since I couldn't bring Marcie back to him so he's taking matters into his own hands. The jet took off but then it went dark. So, I'm going to lure him back to main base by outing myself." Cameron explains and my eyes widen in horror. "My betrayal is going to anger him more and he won't care about Marcie. At least not in that moment. He'll go straight for me and I'll have the FBI waiting."

"Cam, there must be some other way." I reply hoarsely as my heart pounds over the thought of it all going wrong. "This is too dangerous!"

"We don't have time Mar and you know that." He sighs heavily and I feel helpless.

"Griffin?" I look up at him with pleading eyes while Judah holds me tight.

"I'm sorry Marcella. We had everything planned and we considered your dad going after you himself too. What we didn't plan for was him having another plane that's non traceable." He explains and I feel my body slacken in defeat. "This is our best bet in the time that we have."