Chapter 4

"She's about to earn some bragging rightsI'm 'bout to give it up like I've been holding back all nightGirl, take pride in what you wanna doEven if that means a new man every night inside of you"

I'm 'bout to give it up like I've been holding back all night
Girl, take pride in what you wanna do
Even if that means a new man every night inside of you"

"She's about to earn some bragging rightsI'm 'bout to give it up like I've been holding back all nightGirl, take pride in what you wanna doEven if that means a new man every night inside of you"

Maia's POV

Stepping into the dance studio, I was greeted by all of the young ladies and children who were happy to see me. Giving them greetings and returning their hugs, I did my best to make my way into the dressing room to get ready. This afternoon, I will be teaching jazz, ballroom, and contemporary dance. My coworker, Brielle, taught the children ballet, point, and modern. If I had enough time before my shift at the club, I often took a class or two of hers just to keep up and get some practice in.

I sighed heavily as I fixed my hair in a low bun. It was tough being on my own and having two jobs just to support myself. Something Brielle and I bonded over a bit. Only she had to raise a child and worked her second job at a library and I worked late at night as a bartender and waitress.

The money wasn't bad, and the tips were even better. My other coworkers, however, made significantly more money than I did as they worked in the backrooms with private clients and danced on stage. It was tempting at times when bills piled on and the rent was due, but I didn't envy giving lap dances to older men in their 50s or 60s with children and wives at home.

As I finished getting ready, I stepped out of the dressing room only to be stopped by Madam Alexandrova, the studio's owner. Looking down at her hand held in front of me, I was met with an envelope that held my paycheck.

" Take it. You look like you haven't slept in days. " She said, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

" Madam A, we don't get paid until next week. " I muttered, and she rolled her eyes.

" Brielle told me the same thing 10 minutes ago. You girls are too stubborn for your own good. Consider it an advance. "

" We've been getting advances for the last few months. " I said, feeling guilty, and she narrowed her eyes at me.