confessing to her while drunk - part two (requested)

Your head was pounding when you first opened your eyes.

You groaned over the sunshine coming in through the windows but you felt great relief when it faded away as Taylor closed your curtains to block it out.

"Taylor? You're here?"

"Someone had to drive you home last night." She said as she sat on the bed beside you. "I slept on the floor last night."

"Oh, Tay," you spoke quietly as you brushed your fingers through your messy hair. "You must've been so uncomfortable."

"Not at all. I wanted to stay close to you while also giving you your own space. It was the best I could do." She said as a small smile tugged at your lips. "How do you feel?"

"Awful. I must've drank too much. I feel so hungover. My head is pounding and I feel sick."

You pulled the covers off of your body and scooted to the edge of your bed as your stomach started to feel a little funny.

"Feel up to talking? Because we need to."

You looked at her with your eyebrows furrowed.

"Why? What's wrong? Oh, gosh, please tell me I didn't make a fool of myself last night somehow."

"No!" She laughed. "No, nothing like that. It's just... you said something to me last night. You were so drunk I didn't know if you meant it or not so I thought we'd talk about it now."

"Oh. Okay. What is it?" You asked as you closed your eyes, holding your pounding head.

"You told me that you love me."

You quickly opened your eyes and then looked at her.

"I said that?"

"Yeah. You said you love me, more than a friend. You even said that you were in love with me. Is that true or were you just drunk?"

She waited impatiently for you to answer with what she hoped to hear.

She didn't rush you into speaking, as she knew you weren't feeling well, but she was waiting to hear whatever you had to say.

"If I tell you the truth, swear that it won't ruin things between us?"

She liked where this was going.

"I swear."

"I meant it." You said. "I meant every word."

You looked into her eyes as you said the next few words, almost making her heart stop.

"I'm in love with you, Tay."

She was speechless.

For the first time, she felt speechless.

And that made you nervous.

"Taylor, please say something. With how terrible I feel, if you don't feel the same, I guarantee you that you can't make me feel worse."

She let out a small chuckle before she put her hand on your thigh.

"I'm in love with you too." She said.

You stared into each other's eyes, feeling so incredibly happy to hear those words from each other; finally.

But before either of you could say anything, your stomach started to turn.

"I'm going to be sick."

She got up and helped you into the bathroom, where she held your hair back and comforted you while you got sick.

"Wow, y/n. Way to ruin the mood." You said after you brushed your teeth, as Taylor helped you back to bed.

"No." Taylor chuckled. "You didn't. Lay down, baby."

"I will if you cuddle me."

She smiled from ear to ear as she laid down in bed with you, holding you close after she tucked you in.

You laid your head on her chest and listened to her steady heartbeat.

"I'm so in love with you." She whispered and you looked up at her. "I truly am, y/n. I have been crazy about you for so long. I'm so happy that you feel the same."

"How could I not?" You asked her as you gently twirled her blonde hair around your fingers. "I'm so in love with you, Tay. Everything about you. If you'll be my girl, I'd be the happiest girl in the whole world."

"I've always been your girl, y/n, and I always will be. Because I'm not going anywhere now that I get to call you mine. I love you."

"I love you more." You closed your eyes with a smile on your face as she kissed your forehead

"Impossible, darling," she whispered. "I hope you feel better soon."

"I already do." You mumbled. "Just hold me while I sleep for a few more hours and I'll wake up feeling even better."

"Don't worry, sweet girl. I'm not going anywhere." Taylor promised as she watched you fall asleep with a look of love in her eyes.