7.

over the next few holidays, the girls had spent them with their families, sending eachother snapchats of themselves every morning. while taylor was in nashville spending the holidays with her family, nova was in new york with hers.

the two woman had spent taylor's birthday together over the phone, taylor making a cupcake for herself and blowing out a candle on facetime. it was inconvenient, but it worked.

it was now january, and taylor was getting a flight back to new york, and back to nova. the blonde and brunette hadn't gotten any less close emotionally over the past months, and if anything they've gotten closer.

once the plane landed, taylor was quick to text nova she had arrived in new york.

tay: the plane finally landed! i'm coming to the apartment right now. ;)

nova: yay!! can't wait to see you, cutie

taylor looked at the text from nova the whole drive to her apartment blushing. she loved the pet names nova gave her from time to time.

when taylor's security guard parked the car, he was quick to open the door for the blonde. "you're welcome to come in, cullen." taylor stated, looking at the man. "you are practically family to me."

cullen had been taylor's number one security guard since the beginning of the taller woman's career.

as the two of them walked into the apartment, taylor saw nova in the kitchen looking in the oven. "what're you making?" taylor asked nova, putting her hand on the small of the brunettes back.

nova looked up at taylor with wide eyes, startled by the woman. "you scared me!" she stated, chuckling.

taylor looked into her eyes. "i'm sorry. have i ever told you that you have beautiful eyes?" taylor asked. nova shook her head, looking back at the batch of cookies she was cooking.

"what kind of cookies are you baking?" the taller woman asked, squatting next to nova. "i'm making chocolate chunk cookies."

"well, they won't be done for a while, do you want to watch greys anatomy with me while we wait?" taylor asked. nova nodded, getting up.

taylor looked at cullen, almost forgetting he was there. "do you want to watch it with us?" she asked. cullen shook his head, before saying, "i should probably leave the two of you alone. if you need anything, i'll be in the car."

about twenty minutes later, the oven timer beeped, alerting the two woman that the cookies were finished. nova quickly got up and took them out of the oven for them to cool.

however, when the brunette went to grab them out of the oven, she had forgotten to put on an oven mitt to prevent burning herself.

"ow!" nova screamed, dropping the pan onto the ground of the apartment. taylor was quick to the shorter girls side. "are you alright?" the blonde asked.

"no, oh my goodness that hurt like hell!" nova stated, tears pricking her eyes. she didn't want to cry in front of her girlfriend, but the pain was nearly unbearable.

nova turned around, placing her arms around the taller woman, letting her tears spill. "oh, i'm so sorry, i should've reminded you to use something." taylor apologized into novas shoulder,

"it's not your fault, tay." nova assured, before turning back to the cookies.

the brunette went to the drawers, and placed an oven mitt over her hand before grabbing the pan off of the floor. a few of the cookies had fallen to the ground, but there were still plenty on the pan that were good to eat.

taylor grabbed two glasses before filling them with ice cold milk. nova brought over two cookies for the blonde and herself to enjoy.

"these are amazing, nova! thank you so much." taylor praised the younger woman once she finished her cookie.