Epilogue 5

April 25, 2023

April 25, 2023

"Hey," I call out as I walk into the apartment. It is quiet for a change but that is probably because everyone is scattered around campus cramming for finals. I was lucky to only have 2 for my final semester so now I am free until graduation.

"Hey," a voice calls back from the bedroom. I set my backpack full of alcohol down like a freshman hiding from his RA before walking to where the voice came from.

"Sup Lulu," I greet as I walk into the girls bedroom and flop into Francesca's bed.

"Why are you here?" she asks while never looking in my direction as she focuses on whatever she is doing in the mirror.

"Well, you see my girlfriend and your boyfriend are both cramming for exams somewhere else and your two roommates and two of mine are also balls deep in last minute study mode which means we both have no friends besides each other for the night."

"I have other friends besides you," she reminds me.

"Sure and so do I but no one that either of us can tolerate for more than a short period of time."

"I can't tolerate you for more than a short period of time, Ryry."

"You are going to miss me," I chide and instantly I see Luna's stiff back soften.

She turns around finally and looks at me. "I will miss you," she says truthfully and I can see the bottom lip quiver beginning. Things are progressively getting more emotional as graduation and move out gets closer and closer, along with reality.

"Nah Lu, don't cry," I beg as I hop up and jog over to hug her. "I brought drinks. We are supposed to get bombed and watch scary movies, not cry."

"I am not crying," she defends, blinking rapidly. She returns my hug, holding on longer than she normally does. When she finally lets go she turns back to her mirror to wipe something and then turns back to me. "How does my eyeshadow look? I tried something new."

It looks terrible but I can't tell her that, can I? "Uhh it's...," I pause looking for the right words.

"Horrid," she supplies with a laugh.

"Yeah a little," I laugh with her.

Luna turns around to look at the mirror and continues to laugh. It becomes contagious and the harder she laughs the harder I laugh until we are both basically crying from laughter. I am sprawled out on the bedroom floor while Luna is laying on her desk, both of us trying to speak but only laughing more with each attempt.

"Stop, I am not Maya, I am not artsy," she laughs, desperately trying to wipe the caked on mess off her face.

"Oh, someone get the history books! Ladies and gentleman, Luna Quinn just admitted she isn't good at something! Mark this down, it will likely never happen again."