Chapter 20: Be subtle and use your spies for very kind of business

Maizie grabbed the door of the driver-side as she slid in closing the door behind herself. Gunner did the same. They sped out of the parking lot and she glanced back to see Eric get into the Hummer after a while she looked over at Gunner, protecting him was going to be a challenge she knew although she had covered assets for Night drop over the years and all over Europe. But going up against Headshot was going to be hard for two reasons: One was the assassins they dispatched wouldn't stop until their target was dead. She wasn't going to let her asset down.

She glanced sideways out of the window seeing motorbikes racing towards them. From her peripheral, she spotted an MP5 submachine gun in its grip. She floored the gas pedal as her Ford Mustang flew backyard, reaching for her gun in her shoulder holster she whipped it out and fired some shots at the assassin on the back of a motorbike.

The motorbike swirled as it crashed into oncoming traffic, and the assassin dropped to the ground. She slipped her pistol into her shoulder, racing through the traffic towards the safe house. The chances were that they hadn't seen the last of these assassins for good. After a while, they arrived at the safe house in an abandoned neighbourhood.

Trond glanced out of the window of the Ford Mustang, he noticed that wasn't anyone walking down the street, which was pretty unusual for a neighbourhood. They parked on the driveway outside of the safe house and closed the door behind them.

"Relax Gunner, This safe house is off the grid and not any radar of every intelligence service," She said, strolling over to the entrance and opening the door as they entered.

"Headshot has assets everywhere, you saw what happened at the embassy," Trond stated... As he paced back and forward

Maizie closed the door behind them as she went to the living room and sat on the sofa across from the table. She ran her hand through her hair as she thought for a second and says. " Yes I know about Agent Hannah and that she was an asset, Huntley."

He strode over to the chair and sat down in it as he gave her the once over before he spoke. You don't know how Huntley is or what he's capable of doing.'

"Yes, I know all about tyrants like Huntley and what they are capable of doing," She exclaimed in a serious tone.

"He's just not any tyrant he's extremely dangerous," He replied.

She rose from where she was sitting, she could tell that he was frightened for his life because of what he knew, but she had never lost an asset before and she wasn't about him, not on her watch. She reached into her shoulder holster and pulled out her 1911 Colt and placed it on the table in front of him. She walked over to the study and entered and headed over to the desk where the computer sat. She sat down in front of it. Her fingers flew across the keyboard making it secure.

She needed to see what was on the encrypted disc that Gunner had, it was only her chance of finding out why Headshot wanted him dead. She glanced at the surveillance screen, seeing that it was all clear she rose from where she was sitting and headed back into the living room. Every instinct told her that whatever was on the disc had to be vital to HeadShot.

"Listen, Gunner, I'm going to need to see what on that disc you have,' Maizie asked.

He reached into his pocket inside his jacket, pulled out the disc handing it to her as she grabbed it from him. She strode into the study, walking over to the computer she sat down in front of it as she slid the drive and after a couple of strokes, the disc was encrypted. She froze wide-eyed at the intel on the screen. The intel revealed that Huntley had covered up several things about the mining company: a former Russian intelligence agent was killed by a round from an extreme distance shot. Vladimir Konstantin a Russian Oligarch was against the mining company and Headshot.

But what caught her eyes was the overwhelming evidence that Headshot had helped the Russians infer with the election. After a while, she exited the file and made her way into the living room, she placed the disc back on the table.

"It's no wonder they want you dead you know too much and with the intel, on the disc, they see you as a threat," She told him.

He shook his head rubbing his chin as he spoke. "I had no idea that they were going to eliminate Senator Howard, and Koninstann believe me," he stated.

She paced back and forth trying to figure out what their next move might be. Now that she knew how valuable this intel was for the CIA and Night Drop. She glanced over at the Gunner. She had seen assets over the years betray their country for greed, it was no wonder if he had kept the intel to himself. She would have done the same thing if it was her.

She wasn't sure if she even could trust anyone inside The CIA, not knowing if any of the agents were compromised by Headshot. What were her options here, She had to make sure that this intel got to Holiday right away, There was no doubt in her mind that Huntley and his assassin organization wouldn't stop until Gunner was dead and got Retrieved the disc.

She strode over to the kitchen and headed over to the refrigerator. She opened it and grabbed a bottle of water. Walking over to the counter, she opened the cupboard and grabbed two glasses while she poured some water into them. She needed to think there was a lot at risk now and Things could get dicey. Holding the two of water she walked back into the living and handed Gunner one of the glasses as she sat down across from in a chair.

Gunner took a sip from his glass and placed it back down on the table and says. " Huntley told me that the Norweigan ambassador was a threat to his organization and that he needed to be eliminated."

She raised her eyebrow as she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms" You're telling me You believed Huntley was telling you the truth? Did he have to intel prove it?"

She knew that intel could be altered at any moment before showing it to him and especially since Huntley was a fixer he could get away with something like that. There was no limit to what he could do to start a war foreign country for profit.

"You know that he could alter the intel before you saw it? And What Senator Howard, She inquired in a skeptical tone.

"Medusa, assassinated senator Howard because he found out about the unlimited black budget," he told her.

After a while, she rose from the seat shrugged and nodded. In a way, Gunner had made the right choice trying to contact Holiday when he went to the United States Embassy, it was up to her to the rest and she was very good at what she did. There was a reason why this safe house wasn't on any intelligence Service, Eric had brought it using the covert funds from their missions. She snatched her pistol from the table, slipping it back into her tactical mini-wig and made her way back into the Kitchen where he washed her glass and dried it before placing it in the cupboard

Gunner rose from where he sat strolling over to the Kitchen and handed her his glass as he says in a nervous tone. "You Think you can protect me from Huntley and his network of assassins?"

"Gunner, trust me I have protected assets for Night Drop for a long time over years and never lost any. So you let me worry about Headshot," she told in a calm and cool tone as she washed his glass.