Chapter 2

Dad visit and past.

Emily's POV:

After a long day at Cole's birthday, it was finally time to get back to work. You people might think that waking up early in morning getting ready and going to work might be bad or who am I kidding it may be the worst way to start a day. But people that was until you met me yes, the great Emily Lucas Anderson. Why? Let's just say the place where I work is owned by me.

Yes, I built my own empire without any support well maybe a bit like really a bit help from Eth and dad but I have drained all of my blood, sweat and tears, maybe not the blood but the latter two yes. I'm an interior designer and my I own an architectural firm where you find people with great talents.

My firm is one of the most successful firms in Manhattan but only few people recognize me because I like media out of my life as far as it can be. Those news suckers never leave you alone, stalking you everywhere giving you no privacy. I mean who even like media? Of course!!! Our beloved Kardashian's they want to show their life's story to some everyone. Back to my story, now I'm getting ready to go to my office.

(Emily's outfit above)

I sat in my baby white Audi R8 and it roared and started. I drove to my office and reached in 20 minutes since my firm is like 30 minutes away from my home. I parked my car in a spot which is exclusively mine and got down and went inside my house.

 I parked my car in a spot which is exclusively mine and got down and went inside my house

(Em's car above)

As soon as I entered people noticed me and wished me but I kept my cold face on because I trust no one. I just gave them a curt nod and went inside my lift. And yes, I do have my own private lift and obviously no one is allowed to use that unless it is really necessary.

I left out a shaky sigh cause the lifts give me real terror. It's not that I'm claustrophobic it's just I don't like small space. As soon as I reached my floor I got out and headed straight towards my cabin. There Lisa my PA greeted me and I nodded at her and passed her a quick smile. You all must be thinking why I only smiled at Lisa and not other it's because Lisa's been my PA from past 3 years and I trust her with my professional life.