03 | anonymous

Jo

From: josepryce@gmail.com

To: anonymouspotatohead@gmail.com

Subject: Tutoring request

Hi,

I've received your request and it has been accepted. Just as my profile says, I'm available for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes tops. I'll be available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 3pm and 5pm and then Saturdays by 6pm at 'Beans Only' Café.

Sincerely,

Josephine.

————

From: anonymouspotatohead@gmail.com

To: josepryce@gmail.com

Subject: Received

Hi Josephine,

4pm to 5pm works just fine. I'll see you on Monday.

————

From: josepryce@gmail.com

To: anonymouspotatohead@gmail.com

Subject: Thank you

Thank you for responding. I'll see you on Monday as well.

Best wishes,

Josephine.

————

WHEN A SHRILLING noise goes off in my ears, I wake up with dried drool at the corner of my mouth and my eyes blearily scan the source of the noise. I close my eyes a bit, exhaustion taking over as I lean forward and slam my hand on the alarm clock.

I feel a certain warmth on my stomach and then look down to see my body positioned in an awkward angle on the bed, the bottom of the half-closed laptop lying flat on my exposed stomach and the screen completely black. I sigh and put the device away, throwing off my covers and sitting up to get my blood sugar meter.

I'm waiting for the device to display my blood sugar level when I hear a loud pounding from the house next door. Great. Woody's back.

There's a bang and then loud music pours out of the windows of Woody's house. I pinch my eyebrows and walk towards my window with annoyance.

"Some people are trying to sleep," I yell once I spot Woody's shaggy appearance leaning over the banister in his front porch. He's brushing his teeth over the thicket of bushes in his lawn. He looks up and smiles widely, spitting foam from his mouth directly on top the flowers and waves at me.

I'm not sure if to cry from disgust or annoyance.

"You're not sleeping," he yells.

"Yeah, no shit." Then I lean a little bit forward and hold the edge of my curtains. He's grown a little more beard from the last time I saw him and his very outdated, very unpleasant looking food truck is back, sitting right next to the curb. "I thought you were kidnapped."