Chapter 21 - The Battle begins

Bell's POV

It was close, in a few minutes Luna would open the portal in that dimension, and I would open one in mine. They would be connected and give us the ability to go directly to the palace.

"Are you ready, my warriors?" Shane shouted.

The warriors roared and howled back in response, you could feel the anticipation in the air; they would finally get revenge on the king who had taken their birthplace from them.

"It's time" I whispered to myself and began focusing my energy.

With a lot of determination and nervousness in my body, I could sense Luna's magic touch my own, which gave me hope and strength. Now it did not take long, we should finally be together again, connected as sisters and live life as a family. I would never be without her again; I had loved so long in nothingness, emptiness.

With hope in mind, I sent a flash of magic energy up into the sky. A few seconds later, a portal took shape in front of me, and I could see Luna smile on the other side.

"Luna" I almost wept.

"Bell" Luna responded.

We all went quietly through the portal and stood in the tower. Seen from the outside, the tower did not look enormous, but given that, it was a magical area. Space shaped itself for, a number of people, so it quickly became very spacious on the inside without changing outside.

It was satisfying to finally being able to hug my twin again, my second half.

"I'm so sorry," Luna whimpered.

"It's long since forgotten" I reassured

"But... "Luna questioned

"He's you mate, sister, you couldn't do anything but trust him" I reasoned while drying Luna's tears away with my sleeve, my sister was torn about Darius. He will regret being the reason for all Luna's grief, I thought.

"What's the plan now?" Shane asked.

"First of we have to get out of here" Luna declared "But this place is immune to magic"

"Luckily Werewolves don't rely on magic, sister-in-law" Shane avowed.

"So let's not waste any more time." I cheered.

Shane went to the door, put his ear up close to it and listened to people on the opposite side.

"Green light" Shane noted and as simple, as it gets he lifted the door off its hinges.

"Wow" Luna admired

"I know right" I beamed proudly of my mate.

We chuckled a little to each other while one by one, more and more warriors went down the narrow staircase. We were holding each other's hands.

"Are you ready to confront my mate?" Luna questioned.

"Are you?" I responded, thinking that she should be more worried than I should.

Luna uttered no words, but that gave me the answer.

After all the warriors had exited the tower, Luna and I followed and then everyone stood in the courtyard. One could sense the excitement but also the unsureness of strength.

"Warriors, there is no need to be uncertain, my sister and I will do everything in our power to make sure no one is left to die" I insured still holding my sister's hand.

Shane's POV

I could not help but admire my mate's words, she was already a part of the pack just by being my mate, and now she was encouraging them as a true leader. Even if we were not destined for each other, I would probably still have fallen for the angel who stood before my eyes.