Chapter 17

The girls were literally screaming like there's no tomorrow, but what's worse is that Eric's team wasn't doing so well, the kid just seemed dead on tired.

If this is going to be a typical romantic scene, he's not in the spirit because Jess's not here, I swear I'LL be the one to scream. Around he half time, the team leaves the field and they all take a rest, I use this opportunity go to the bathroom and wipe all the sweat off my body. I swear 60 percent of it is not mine, which is grossing me out. 

"Dude, what the fuck?!" wow that's loud, the voice came from outside, it's a male's.

"Shut up" That's...Eric's voice I think. Oh damn, the guy is getting blamed. I don't Blame them for blaming him though. Can you blame me for thinking that? BLAME!

I leave the restroom and see him sitting on the floor shirtless....Oh god the abs.

"This scene is just straight up sad, I mean if I was jess and just walked in on you being a miserable shit, that would not do good for you"

He looks up and all he did was feed me with an expression that says nothing other than 'die'

"What? don't look at me like that, it's not my fault that you were shitty out there"

"Fuck off" was all he could say

"Jess is coming you fucking nuthead"

"It's not because of that, and can you be any more blunt?"

"Sorry, I'm designed to tell the truth, and I don't care enough to make a round about approach for you to feel sorry for yourself. Right now, the fucking truth is you sucked and it was pathetic." I scoffed. 

"Shut the fuck up Rashta"

"Welp, at least you're not calling me that ridiculous nickname anymore" I sat down next to him and showed him the message jess send me, "See? Her mum's car just got a flat tire, don't be a sad blob and just do what you gotta do...Or don't, depends how pathetic you want to seem, either way, you're a shithead."

"Oh wow, I think that's the closest to a pep talk I'll ever get from you"

"I'm going back to the bleachers. I hope you suck more"

And I walked away. I'm honestly jealous, jess's whole presence can make him turn into that, I mean it's not the first time. I think the last guy that liked her had a similar experience when she didn't show...I kinda wish someone would like me like that. But then again, that kinda gives me the impression that they'd be really fucking pathetic and clingy.

I'm not easily satisfied you see.

"Dae, what's new?" I tap Damion on the shoulder.

"Shit talk about Golden boy from the males. Huge ass support group from the ladies"

"Ayeyaya... typical"

"Hey!" a tap on my shoulder surprised me, making me whip around and nearly slap the innocent face that popped up behind me.

"Omg lina! Don't slap me!" She laughed with a hit of fear in her voice.

"Oh Jesus, you scared the shit out of me, I thought you'd be longer since your car broke down"

"That was actually a while ago, the message just didn't send through" she shrugged

I nodded and watched as the team came out onto the field, Eric once again looked up towards our direction, except this time his eyes widened and I also secretly pointed to her.

His whole face lit up so brightly the sweat on his face with the glow caused a rainbow to form.

"how was the game so far?" Jess asked