24. Two Juliets

Two days after

"Oh that one's for you Aim'" Justin handed me a small package wrapped in blue paper while Ayla, Sara, Maya and the boys were searching for other presents under the Christmas tree . I carefully unwrapped his gift revealing a snow globe filled with sparkles and colours and as I looked at it more I realized that the colours were actually a pride flag .

"Justin that's so kind..." I was so moved by this I could barely keep my tears in "Thank you"

He smiled at me before turning to Sara helping her to put on the necklace he just offered her . This was a perfect night, with perfect people . We had decided to set up a late Christmas day at Ayla's house to be together and this moment had just joined my core memories . And as a last minute surprise my sister had came home two days ago being the most amazing gift of all . She met Ayla yesterday and I couldn't have been happier when I saw them laugh together .

At midnight I went out on the balcony letting the fresh night air invade my lungs admiring the city lights going off one by one . I closed my eyes enjoying the silence when I felt a soft blanket on my shoulders . I turned to see her face her green eyes highlighted by the moonlight .

"Hey" she smiled smoke escaping her mouth .

"Hey" I replied putting half the blanket on her .

"I wish moments like this could last forever" she put her head on my shoulder .

"It can... we could stay on this balcony forever if you want to"

She chuckled "Like Juliet waiting for her Romeo"

"Except that there are two Juliets" I smiled .

" I've never been a big fan of Dicaprio anyway"'

I held her hand in the dark not wanting to let go of her for a second . It was still fragile, still new but this was also the strongest thing that could exist .

"What are you thinking about?" she whispered squeezing my hand .

"About how strong it feels..." I replied quietly closing my eyes .

"Scary isn't it?"

"A little"

"I think that's what makes it so special"

"I thinkg you're right"

"Aimee?" she turned to face me taking both of my hands in hers .

"Yes"

"I think I'm ready to... you know, like, fuck I'm so awkward" she laughed nervously .

"It's alright Ayla" I smiled "You're sure you want to?"

"I'm sure"

______

A small ray of light was entering the room, small dust particles floating in the air like fireflies . Her head on my chest was going up and down along my breaths . Feeling her skin against mine was giving me chills but seing her so peacefull was surely what touched me the most . I could still feel her hands on my body, her kisses on my neck... This was a night I would never forget...
I sensed her head moving and her eyes soon found mine as she turned her sleepy face towards me .

"Hey..." I whispered caressing her hair .

She smiled burying her face in the crook of my neck her fingers drawing circles on my arm .

"Aimee?" she said her lips brushing my skin .

"Yes?"

"I want a hot chocolate"

"Okay" I chuckled "But you'll have to stand up"

"Umm" she groaned holding me tighter "Chocolate can wait"

"I agree" I smiled kissing her head .

"Hey" she faced me straightenning up .

"What?" I asked laughing .

"Nothing, you're just cute" and with that she pressed a kiss on my lips making me lose my senses once again . She wrapped the covers around us as she sat on my lap not breaking her kiss .

_______

"Okay there you go" I placed a hot mug in front of her smoke escaping in the air .

"Thank you" she smiled "Hot chocolate in bed, that's a first"

I kissed her on the cheek seating next to her before I heard Justin calling me from downstairs .

"Ugh I'm gonna kill him" I groaned standing up .

"You got my permission" she laughed as I walked away .

Justin was in the kitchen apparently struggling with the coffee machine while the boys were still asleep on the couch .

"Oh here you are, do you know how this thing work?" he asked scraching his head .

"Justin"

"What?" he looked at me surprised .

"Did you really just made me come downstairs for this?"

"Umm...yes? Why- oh okay I see why" he chuckled .

"You're lucky I like you" I said turning on the machine .

"I know I know" he smiled proud of him "thanks"

"You're welcome" I replied .

"You had a goodnight?" he asked before I went back upstairs a smirk on his face .

I gave him the finger as I climbed the stairs but I couldn't refrain a smile as I saw her on the bed all wrapped up in the covers, a mug of hot chocolate in her hands .

_______________________________
<3 guyyys help me find Ayla a family name pleasssse :)