stress reliever.

;

Sam trudged tiredly through the door of her shared home, locking it behind her and slipping her shoes off by the welcome mat. She sat down her things on the barstools by their kitchen and sighed lowly. The stove clock read 8:37, and she knew her partner wasn't asleep yet. Sam was about to make her way to their shared bedroom, but she heard the light footsteps of Leilani coming to her.

In a matter of seconds, there she was, standing in all her comfortable glory. Leilani had on a big t-shirt, almost touching her knees, and some ankle socks. Sam noticed the orange bonnet that sat on her head, meant to go with the orange durag she purchased. No matter how tired she was, Sam's face broke into a smile only Leilani could conjure.

"Hi, my baby." She gushed and pulled her lover into a hug. Sam returned this energy, lifting Leilani up and into her arms. They tension melted from their bodies as they squeezed one another.

Sam needed this hug, with the day she's had. Her clothing business was booming as of lately, but that also came with its cons. Since she was a one-woman business owner, every order had to be confirmed, packaged, and shipped by her. Of course Lani would help when she could, but today she stayed home recording and editing footage for her channel. That left Sam to package 100+ items of clothing all by herself. And it didn't help that something strange had been going on with her vendors, so that added onto the stress.

Leilani heard her lover moan in relief and it triggered her concern. "How was today?"

Sam groaned, "Stressful, it felt like it would never end."

Leilani frowned at that, not liking her partner in a bad mood. It seemed like everyday for the past week, Sam had come home either irritated or exhausted. She moved back to cup her face and pecked her lips a couple times. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help."

"It's not your fault baby, you got things to do too." Sam assured her, "And my vendors been fuckin' up so that made shit worse."

"Yeah you told me about that, you need to get on the phone with the other ones you were talkin about." Leilani said softly, not wanting to add unwarranted tasks to her long list of to-do's.

Sam sighed, "I keep meaning to, remind me about that tomorrow?"

Leilani only nodded, making a mental note to put it as a reminder in her phone before she went to sleep tonight. Sam carried them to the room, the other clinging onto her like a koala bear. It was pretty obvious they weren't giving each other personal space tonight.

Leilani missed her partner today, and she didn't necessarily like being in the house alone. Sam could tell she was going to make up for that tonight, and she didn't mind. The latter sat the two of them on the bed, glancing at some playlist she had going on their tv.

They didn't have LED lights in their room, it was more of a lamp and fairy light vibe. Sam looked at her lover, noticing the dim light illuminating her face. There was a glint in her eyes, a hint of something she couldn't read.

Leilani brought her lips into a kiss before pulling away, "You've been so stressed recently, I wish I could take all your problems and make 'em disappear"

Sam chuckled, licking her lips at the taste of Lani's chapstick or whatever she had on her lips. She thought Leilani looked beyond beautiful in her natural state, feeling blessed she came home to this every night.

"It's not too much you can do baby," Sam replied.

Leilani smiled, "There is something I can do..." She trailed off, tilting her head, "But I know you're tired."