Part 18

Hello! I'm here! Sorry I took a few days of not writing I've had school and theater and our show is so close. From this point in the story I will be doing the pilot and then major plot divergence. So enjoy!

*present day*

Astrid flew over the buildings to the west side of the pentagram. Alastor was taking his usual "post extermination day" walk and she had left Nifty at the apartment to go see the turf battles that typically took place after extermination day.

She stopped on top of a building to look at the giant blimp that quickly came crashing down. 2 demons hopped out of it and soon after we're followed by an army of eggs with faces and none other than sir Pentious himself.

Astrid looked over at the two demons fighting the snake and almost jumped up and flew at them. Cherri and Angel were there, side by side. But more importantly, they were free! No Valentino around, and Angel looked happy.

Astrid dusted herself off and flew down to meet them. She would by no means he participating in the fight but it wouldn't hurt to at least say hi.

"Angel!" She yelled, catching the attention of the fluffy white spider. He stopped shooting for a moment and glanced her way.

"Astrid? What're you doin here?" He asked as he backed up and aimed another shower of bullets at the enemy lines.

"Just thought I'd stop by. How'd you get out?" Astrid looked over at the studio that could be seen in the distance, and a shiver went down her spine.

"Val kicked me to the curb. We had a fight and he threw me out so I've been staying at this shitty hotel on the other side of town." Angel explained, waving his hands around as he shot more of the egg boys. Astrid could see Cherri fighting a short ways away so she said bye and left in a hurry.

After the fights seemed to die down she made her way back to Alastor. He had his typical grin on when he saw her and walked up, arms spread.

"Astrid my dear I have a wonderful idea!" He announced, buzzing excitedly.

"Oh boy... what is it this time?" She asked.

"We're going to break some promises to my dear friend Lucifer." Alastor replied, spinning around and walked in a seemingly random direction.

"What promises did you..." Astrid began before Alastor cut her off with a laugh.

"I was told to ensure that the princess of hell failed at her project. So, for the fun of it, I've decided to help around and see if her goal is possible."

"What project?" Astrid questioned suspiciously.

"Dear princess Charlie has opened a hotel for sinners, she believes that she can rehabilitate them and get them into heaven. I think the idea is ludicrous but Lucifer seems to believe the idea has a small chance of working, but if it does then he loses the one day a year where he can send angels to murder his citizens for his entertainment." Alastor explained as they made their way down the street.

Eventually, they stopped at the hotel, and Alastor knocked joyfully. After a moment the door opened slightly.

"Hel-" the door was slammed shut before opening again, "llo-" it was slammed again.

There was a murmur of voices on the other side and after about a minute or two of waiting the door opened completely.

"May I speak now?" Alastor asked.

"You may..." the princess began.

"Alastor my dear it's a pleasure to meet you quite a pleasure, I saw your news fiasco in a picture show and I just couldn't resist what a performa-"