13~ That's What Friends Are For

"How'd your DATE go last night?" I teased Ethan the next morning as he sat at the counter eating his breakfast. I couldn't help it.

He rolled his eyes at me. "If you want to know, I have a girlfriend now, big deal."

"Aww, little Ethy has a girlfriend," I teased in a high-pitched voice. I went to ruffle his hair but he smacked my hand away.

"Don't touch my hair," he growled.

"Oh yeah?" I challenged and continued to try to touch his hair. He kept swatting my hand away. "Who's gonna stop me?" I teased.

He stood up and began fighting me as I kept trying to ruffle his hair.

"Is this you trying to stop me?" I teased and he practically tackled me to the floor.

Demi walked in and chastised us for fighting. "Boys!" She scolded. "At least take it out of the kitchen," She sighed in defeat. She's over our antics by now. We followed her orders and took the fight into the foyer area.

"Are you still trying or did you give up already?" I laughed as Ethan kept fighting me.

"I'm gonna kick your ass," He threatened. I couldn't help but laugh at the kid and fight back when he lunged at me.

"I'm sure you are kid," I said in a bored tone.

The doorbell rang, temporarily ending our fight. I answered the door. It was Ashtyn.

"Oh hey, Ash," I said and leaned against the door frame. She looked frantic and her hair was a mess. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Have you seen Ally?" She asked me. "She got in a fight with her family last night and no one has been able to find her. They thought she was with me. I don't know where she is, East. She's not answering her phone. She's really freaking me out," Ash ranted on the verge of tears.

I pulled her in for a hug. "Hey, it's okay. We'll find her," I comforted her.

I walked back in and grabbed my car keys. "Demi, I'm going out for a while. I don't know when I'll be back," I called.

Ethan looked at me with a look of concern.

"It's Ally," I told him and rushed out of the house. I was hardly dressed for being outside. I was in shorts and a t-shirt. The sun was hardly out and the wind chill, made it feel like 47 degrees outside.

I was prepared for Ash to tell me to get a jacket on, but she was too preoccupied today. She worried as she got in my car. Her hands fidgeted with the sleeves of my hoodie that she still had. I rested a hand on hers to stop the fidgeting.

"It'll be okay, this isn't the first time this has happened. I know all of the regular places," I told her reassuringly. It was the truth. When I was dating Megan, Ally would run off quite a bit. Megan used to be worried sick about her and I'd always help her find her. As far as I know, Megan and Ally aren't as close as they used to be.

We checked all of her normal hiding places. I even called Sam. She was close to his younger brother. She wasn't there. She wasn't at Tyler's. Tyler didn't know where she was, but he promised he would help look. Ally has never run out of town, so I don't think that is an option. She just needs a place to escape.

All of a sudden, I remembered the place she told me about a couple of years ago. As far as I know, I'm the only one that knows about it.

"I think I know where she is," I said and turned the car around.

"You do?" Ashtyn asked hopefully.

I nodded. "She only told me about this place once and I'm not even sure if she goes there anymore, but if she doesn't want to be found, she's probably there," I explained.