Chapter Seventeen: Scorching Hot

Annalise 

Harvey's house was an undeniable mess. Like a small hurricane had gone through it, upturning clothes, dishware and rubbish where it could. The plants he had kept before had all wilted sadly, dropping leaves onto the floor. It was a tragedy really.

They had teleported to his bungalow the minute he had suggested it, with Raul delicately cradled in Cassius' arms. An eye patch now fittingly covering the space where his eye used to be. Immediately Harvey had unabashedly hurried them past the mess and towards the bathrooms. They were to take turns having showers until each of them were clean.

It had been a universal decision from each of them, for Annalise to go first.

And that led her to here. The shower pounding scalding water on her back, as she stared blankly at the white tiles that covered the room. Blood and entrails that had coated her, slowly began to pool at her feet, swirling into the plug. It was sickeningly entrancing.

She couldn't bring herself to wash it away, her limbs as heavy as concrete. Annalise let the water do most of the job for her, but it clearly wasn't enough. The water was blistering, but not quite loud enough to drown out her thoughts.

Annalise's attention drifted down to her body, she had the distinct feeling like it wasn't her own. Like she was staring through a camera lens of a movie, watching someone else. Watching as the blood of another slowly disappeared from a character on a tv screen.

It just didn't feel real.

Bang.Bang.Bang

Three quick repetitive taps knocked her out of her reverie and slowly she looked to the door. "Are you okay?". Gene called out hesitantly, like he wasn't sure of himself. Annalise looked back down to her body. Words unable to form on her tongue. How could she even begin to describe what she was feeling? Coming down from the adrenaline and shock of what had just happened.

"You've been in here a while now Anna. I'm concerned for you." Eugene admitted from behind the door. "Look, tell me now if you don't want me to, but I'm going to come in. I just want to make sure you are okay." There was a slight fiddling with the bathroom lock, before the door gently opened.

The door shut behind him.

Annalise had to look away, unable to face the look of worry, concern and affection etched into the lines of his face. He was still coated in that red liquid, sticking everything close to his body. There was a pause. Then there was the sound of shuffling along the tiles, and the shower curtain was drawn back, where it had only partially covered her appearance from him.

Eugene stepped into the shower. Fully clothed.

Two pale hands gripped her cheeks softly, pulling her face upwards to look at the vampire. Then, they slowly drifted down her neck, to her shoulders. A pool of heat curdled in her stomach as she looked into his forest eyes desperately.

Gene tilted to the side slightly, and for a heart stopping moment she thought they were going to kiss. Instead he pulled back, his left hand having let go of her, now holding a bottle of shampoo. He squirted a large amount onto his other hand, then, with all the delicacy of a bull in a china shop, began to lather it into her hair.

He washed her hair.

It was an act so simple, yet so loving it almost broke her heart. In that moment, it made her realise. Washing someone's hair could truly mean love.

"Do you condition your hair?" Gene asked gruffly, weaving his hands between the strands of her brown hair. The moment was ruined, in the most beautiful way. The previous anxiety and depersonalisation dissipated in a fit of giggles. He squinted his eyebrows at her.

"You don't condition your hair?" She asked, after the giggles subsided. He shook his head, with a grunt.

"No. Why would i?" Eugene asked. It was almost comical that he had such soft flowing blonde hair, when he treated it that badly. She ran her hands through his hair this time, tugging gently at the knots she found there. The blood now was mostly gone with the water, even on Gene.

Her hand drifted down to his cheek, then past his neck, and onto his shirt covered chest. Soaked to the core, it stuck to him like a second skin. A darkness covered his eyes as he looked at Annalise. The same shocking heat curdled in her stomach again as they both met in the middle to kiss.

There was something different about this kiss. She was there completely naked, vulnerable. He stood there fully clothed, and protected. He had the power here, and he knew it. In a flash of a second she was pushed up against the shower wall, his hands clamping down on her wrists and drawing them upwards.

Their kiss deepened, until they were both a panting mess, the water of the shower flowing between them. Slowly Eugene withdrew from her lips, looking at her with hooded eyes. There was no need for words, for meaning or sentiment, because she could feel it with his every movement.

Hands still held above her head, he delved onto her neck, his fangs grazing her skin just so, sending tingles down her spine. He moved to her collarbones, lightly sucking and biting there, soothing the sting with a kiss. He trailed hickies across her body, marking her as his. Purple bruises blooming on pale skin.

---

They spent a few more hours there, losing themselves in each other's bodies. Fortunately no one had the sense to interrupt them, and now, Annalise was lying on her side in bed, in the guest room. Across from Eugene with only one question on her tongue.

"Why did you come into the shower fully clothed?" Annalise asked, tilting her head, shifting the spare pj's Harvey had given her, to get more comfortable. Eugene rolled over, looking her directly in the eyes.

"I didn't want you to feel pressured, or, or concerned or.." The vampire mumbled, uncharacteristically nervous. It was cute. Annalise pulled at his cheek, laughing as his playfully bated her arm away.  

They were interrupted as the door to the guest room opened.

--------

Authors Note: 

Yeahh, hi guys! I know, i know its been a while since i last updated. If you have seen my page, its been a hectic couple of weeks. I had to go to a funeral, then it was my birthday, then i was on holiday and THEN i had to go home early from the holiday cause i got super sick. 

It's been kind of mad lol. Which is why i haven't been able to update as frequently as i have done. Im feeling a little bit better, turns out i just had a bad case of tonsillitis, so im hoping to get back to regular udpates but i will be sure to let you guys know if i cant!! 

Did you guys like this chapter? Was it kind of just self indulgent almost smut, yeah. But i figured you guys might enjoy it ;) 

Hope you guys are well, 

As always, lots of love, 

Sam.E