30|| dancing on ledges

song : listen before i go - Billie Eilish
tw : substance abuse & suicidal actions

~ Gabriel ~

I think Alejandra left.

She left school in the middle of the day.

After my meeting with the new psycho killer of a counselor, I wanted to ask her who the fuck that guy is and why he's asking about her but when I when to the courtyard, she wasn't there.

I figured she was just in the bathroom or somewhere with that nerdy friend of hers, venting or letting off steam about whatever she got called to the office for to begin with.

So, I figured I'd see her in psych but she wasn't there either.

I tried not to think about it. I really tried, but one thing I know about her is that she's reckless.

She probably just went home. Right?

"G."

I have this strong feeling telling me that something is wrong. It's been wrong ever since that creep saw her, but the only one who can give me answers isn't here.

"G."

I need to find her.

"Yo, G."

"What?!"

Louis looks at me startled at my sudden outburst, but I'm really not in the mood to care.

"¿Estás bien compa?" He asks more with confusion, less with concern.

I shrug him off with clear annoyance, knowing that he knows to steer clear when I'm like this.

My annoyance doesn't just stem from his presence, but from the fact that we've been outside the school waiting by the wall for fifty three minutes since dismissal.

I told Louis that I'm waiting for Tonio and Chris to finish their detention.

I don't give a shit about their detention.

I'm looking at every passing face and figure to see if she's somewhere, anywhere, in sight, but she isn't.

She wasn't there after ten minutes.

After twenty.

Then thirty and then forty.

Every minute that passes and I don't see her turns something in my stomach.

There's something wrong.

More bodies exit the building and behind them is someone who might be able to answer at least some of my questions.

Her awkward, goodie two shoes friend Anayah.

The girl's face is in her phone with a worried expression plastered for anyone on the East Coast to see while she comes down the steps of the front exit.

Look up.

I chant in my head, glaring at her, as if using some Jedi mind power, hoping she feels my stare and comes up to me to tell me if Alejandra is okay.

I can't approach her with Louis' dumbass standing right here.

My eyes roll just remembering he's here.

I told him I'd wait on my own, but no. Like the good little minion he is, he wanted to stay and wait for the guys with me.

Returning to ignoring him, my leg starts to bounce as a result of me fighting the urge to walk up to her and demand answers that she probably doesn't have. I'm about ready to throw away my resolve when she fixes my dilemma by looking up and meeting my eyes, immediately.