Chapter Ninety-Nine

I sat in the restaurant looking around the people, waiting for Bianca to show up

I sat in the restaurant looking around the people, waiting for Bianca to show up. It was the same restaurant we used to meet at all the time. My eyes wandered around and I saw our men sitting over tables far away from mine, they were keeping their eyes on me.

Last night after Nikolai left they all couldn't understand how the hell he got into my room. Then they went to the rooftop and saw the soldiers patrolling the rooftop passed out and wounded, fortunately, Nikolai didn't kill them. If he had he would have initiated a war that I didn't want to be a part of.

I may have killed some people while Enzo trained me but only those who actually deserved it. I don't like to spill blood for no reason at all, I wasn't stupid enough to go on a war with Nikolai in New York City, where Nikolai Costello is the King of the dark world.

The men all around me had families and friends that cared about them and when Uncle Luca made me a part of his family, he also shared their loyalty with me, it wasn't a one-way street for me. If they were loyal to me then I wanted to be loyal to them too that meant if it was their job to protect me then it was my job to protect them as well.

My eyes flicked toward the entrance of the restaurant where multiple men in black suits entered. I furrowed my eyebrows but then let go of the breath I was holding in when I saw Bianca entering the restaurant.

Her eyes wandered all over the place before settling on me, she beamed with excitement. I stood up as she made her way toward me and pulled me in for a hug.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear from you, gosh, I thought you were dead. Nikolai told me you were dead," she laughed in my ear.

When we pulled back, her eyes were filled with tears. "Here I am, perfectly fine."

We sat down and the waiter poured the red wine for us.

"Are you ready to order?" the waiter asked.

"In a minute..."

He nodded and went to another table. "How are you?"

"I have been good, I got married," she showed me the sparkly big diamond on her finger. "You missed my wedding. I wanted you to be my maid of honor."

I laughed with complete joy, "When? Stefano?"

She nodded excitedly, "Three months ago."

A sense of dismay enveloped my body, "I'm sorry, I wasn't there for you."

She reached over to me and squeezed my hand resting on the table, "Where did you go, E? Why did you leave?"

I lifted a shoulder, "Nikolai..."

"What did he do that made you run away from him?"

"He killed them, you know... my parents"

She took a deep breath and looked down at her lap. She didn't seem surprised or alarmed, she looked like she already knew that. Did she?