Chapter 36: Calm Before the Storm (Part 1)

"Finally! I'm done with this school term!" Sang Shania as she hopped around the dining area to Papa Lee, Mama Lee and Chris looking at her amused. "No more seeing grumpy Colin almost everyday, no more crying in Papa's study for my copious amount of homework, and no more getting bullied by Jasmine lao shi," Shania danced.

"Great job and congratulations kiddo," Chris ruffled Shania's hair as she sat herself down beside him for dinner.

"Your flight to Singapore is tomorrow evening, Nay. You can as Tina for help to pack your luggage after dinner," Mama Lee told Shania.
"Do you think I'll have time to buy souvenirs for my friends tomorrow?" Shania asked the room.
"I have to go to the office tomorrow morning to settle stuff before we fly," Chris told Shania.
"Mama and I can bring her for a quick trip to the mall before sending her to the airport tomorrow. Maybe we'll just meet you at the airport for your flight?" Papa proposed to Chris.
"That's perfect, so I don't have to rush home to pick the kiddo after my meetings," Chris tickled Shania while replying Papa Lee.

After dinner, Chris went into Shania's room to check in on her packing progress but he found her laying in bed using her phone with clothes strewn all around the room.

"Naya! Why aren't you packing?" Chris asked when he realised that his sister was not packing. "I'm chatting with my friends about going to Singapore," Shania replied her brother without looking at him and continued using her phone.

Chris walked further inside her room and grabbed a hoodie and a tshirt that was on the floor and tossed it to his sister. "Nay, come on, start packing and then chat with your friends!"

Shania ignored Chris. She flipped to lay on her stomach and continued using her phone. Chris went over to her and gave her 3 hard smacks on her bottom. It was convenient since her ass was up in the air already.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Okay okay! I'll pack!" Shania shouted as she tried flipping her entire body back to no success as Chris held her back down firmly.

Chris grabbed her phone from her hand to which Shania turned around and got up from her bed trying to take it back. Chris stared angrily at his sister.

"Hey, the flight is tomorrow evening. I still can cancel your trip if you're going to be a brat," Chris scolded his sister.
"No, okay, I'm sorry," pleaded Shania as she knows that she's not going to win this.
"Tina is not going to join us this trip. It's just you and me in Singapore for more than a week. That means, you are in charge of cleaning up your own mess and taking care of yourself. If you can't even pack your own luggage, I'm going to cancel your trip altogether," Chris continued scolding and staring angrily at Shania.

"I'm going to come back here in an hour. If you're still not packed, your trip is over before it even started," warned Chris as he made his way out of her room with her phone continuously vibrating in his pocket from all the chats she was receiving from Bethany (Shania's best friend in Singapore).

"Wait!" Shania grabbed Chris's arm while he was walking away.
"Help me?" Shania asked sweetly with her puppy eyes making Chris not able to decline her request.

While filling up Shania's luggage with clothes and necessities for the trip, the siblings made plans for things they wanted to do during their trip.

"Can my friends come over for sleepovers?" Shania asked.
"Of course, they can," Chris replied.
"Can we all go to Universal Studios?" Shania asked.
"Sure, we can," Chris replied.
"Can I go shopping with my friends?" Shania continued asking.
"Yeah, you can. I'll give you my credit card," Chris replied.
"...this is getting a little sus," Shania studied her brother's face to figure if he was bluffing.
"What is?" Chris looked at his sister.
"It's unlike you to agree to everything I ask," Shania answered her brother's question.
"It's your school break and I know you've struggled adapting homeschooling and Jakarta but you did so well. I also see you working hard for your grades. So I'm not being sus," Chris assured her and reached out his hand to pat her on her head.
"Come here, give me a hug," Chris leaned back and stretched his arms to receive his sister.

"Thank you Chris. I love you," Shania spoke into his chest.
"I love you too, Nay. Now let's finish up and we can get ready for bed," Chris trapped Shania in his arms as he ruffled her hair.