EPILOGUE

~Amolet

A knock summons me to the door.

I already know who it is before I open it, but when I see his face, I'm overcome with joy. We may be in the immortal realm, living in a home Cian has had built for us, but having my mortal friend still willing to come here to visit makes all of the doubt and worry about living here worth it.

Collapsing into Lev's arm, I embrace him so tightly I'm convinced he can't breathe. "You made it."

"Of course." He lets go of me, looking up at the beautiful home Cian has crafted. "You may have moved out, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be visiting every chance I get."

Stepping back, I wave my arm for him to enter. The vast hallway leads down to the dining area, where other guests await. Cian had to go all the way to the mortal realm to retrieve Lev especially for this get together. Any animosity between the two has since vanished, Cian now relaxed having confirmed I'm his mate.

"You're going to have to ask Cian to bring you, though, being that this is the immortal realm," I remind him, winking at my mate as he walks in after Lev.

It's been a few weeks, and we haven't heard anything from Stace, meaning he has truly left our realm, and we can finally relax. With Noah gone as well, Cian appears so much more lighthearted than usual, and these past two weeks have been pure bliss.

"I'm not going to be so hard on him. You're my best friend, and he's your mate," Lev smiles.

I can't help myself but to hug him again. "I've missed you so much."

Being away from Lev may have been the hardest thing about this entire experience. But Cian has built a room in this stunning manor just or Lev when he wants to come visit, meaning his stays can be prolonged. And where Cian and I are is almost in the middle of nowhere, meaning no danger can come to him for being a mortal in the immortal realm.

"Me too. And you're immortal now." He pinches me, grinning brightly.

I shove him playfully. "Ow! I can still feel, idiot."

"Oh, I know." His eyes twinkle warmly.

"Come on, we are just about to have dinner," Cian encourages, pressing his hands against both of our backs, leading us down to the dining room. The awe in Lev's eyes as we walk makes me so pleased. I've spent some time recently making this a true home, filling it with things both Cian and I love.

'This place is insane."

"Cian had it built from the first time he met me. He just didn't tell me about it until now," I tell Lev as we walk, glancing over my shoulder at my mate, who smiles at me. Because he is now more relaxed and free-spirited than ever, he's almost too beautiful to look at. Not that I've had any problem with that, since over these past weeks, I haven't been able to keep my hands off of him. This is the first evening in awhile that we have done anything other than lie in bed enjoying each other.

"Can I bring my mate?" Lev asks tentatively. "When I meet her, I mean."

"Of course, Lev."

Lev finding his mate would bring me unending pleasure. To have them both here, would be such a blessing.

We step into the dining room, where Ira, and Sinful or sit. They all look up as we step in, and to my relief, smile. I invited them here because I want to help Cian repair his relationships with his siblings, and hopefully influence them to be better and act better. And being that I helped them with Stace, which has been a century long issue for them, they are willing to give this a chance.

"Well, if it isn't the handsome mortal," Ira smiles, twirling a light brown curl around her finger as her gaze sweeps over Lev hungrily. I roll my eyes.

Lev freezes at the doorway. "The pure bloods are here?"

"Believe it or not, they are family," I assure him, motioning him to sit in a seat that isn't close enough to Ira for her to touch him.

"Come sit next to me," she pouts.

"We talked about this, Ira," I warn. Prior to lev arriving, I told him she isn't allowed to use him as a play-thing. Maybe he would enjoy it, but I don't think falling into bed with Wrath is the best idea...Even if I've fallen into bed with Greed.

"I thought Hale was coming..." I say softly, noticing the absent chair. Ira mentioned flippantly that he was probably late.

"He couldn't make it," Cian explains. I can't help feeling disappointed. He seemed so down when I last spoke to him, and I thought maybe tonight would make him feel better, make him feel like he wasn't so alone. "Something about a pretty girl stumbling into his cave, and now she's not leaving?"

Sinful's smile is mischievous. "I told you he would be fine..."

"For the master of Lust, you are awfully good with the love part," I say. How he can predict connections so easily will always be beyond me, but I suppose that's why he is the Sin he is. I'm just glad that maybe this will be Hale's chance to finally find the mate he has been looking for.

"I try," he shrugs.

"I'm glad we could be here together," I announce, meeting everyone's eyes in turn, lifting my glass of wine. "Here's to being here, as immortals."

"What about me?" Lev asks.

"Until Lev meet Death, and I get him out her realm and into this one," Cian says, smiling at my friend. I release a long breath, relieved. Maybe they will be able to get alone.

"I like the sound of that," Lev affirms.

For once, after a very long time, I feel content and happy with my life. "Here's to forever."

💙••💙

Thank you all for reading. I hope you enjoyed (:

~Midika 💜🐼