Chapter 71

We were ushered into the parlor on the first floor of the mansion.

The parlor was located in a place with a very beautiful view.

A large window that occupies one side of the wall was filled with sunlight and the beautifully decorated garden and pond could be seen at a glance.

I landed on the ivory-colored Chesterfield sofa.

There were several soft cushions lying on both sides of the sofa.

We sat on the sofa facing each other.

Tea and refreshments were already served on the table. It seemed that they were prepared in advance for Helena and Ian's arrival.

Cade looked down at me, who was sitting in his hand, without dropping me off.

"Pii?"

"You can't have a proper conversation like that."

"......Pii."

That's true. Because everyone understood what I was saying only as a guess.

Cade called Baon.

"Baon."

"Yes, my lord."

"Tell Rosaria to bring clothes for Irene to wear."

"I'll tell her."

After finishing his guidance, Baon took a step back and curtsied.

"Then I hope you have a good time."

Click.

The parlor door was closed and silence reigned. No one was opening their mouth first until Cade started the conversation.

"How have you been?"

Helena's eyes widened as she stretched her back and savored the tea in a graceful posture.

"It's really a big deal. To think you were going to be the first one to say hello."

"I heard that if you do something you usually don't do, it's a sign that death is near. Did the doctor give you a time-limit diagnosis?"

At Ian's sarcastic remarks, Cade had a look of ridicule.

"That's the first thing to say to your son you haven't seen in a few months?"

"Then you can behave like you usually do."

"I've always been like this."

"I got goosebumps because I'm disgusted."

Given the reaction, there must have been quite a lack of conversation between them. It was an understandable feedback since they got used to that kind of conversation mood.

I think they are interested in each other, but they seem unfamiliar with showing it off. But when interest was shown, it was awkward and the comeback was rich.

I grinned as I recalled the last family meal we had.

I thought of Arban and Seth, who replied one by one when asked, even though it seemed cumbersome and unfamiliar.

He had been secretly waiting for such a conversation.

Cade sighed.

"You're dissatisfied even if I ask you first."

"Right."

"Then why did you come?"

"Didn't you tell me to come?"

Helena gave a pleased smile at the start of the new confrontation between the two.

Why are you so happy when both are grabbing each other's neck while bickering about? Do you really think they're doing that because they're on good terms?