3.

It was easy planning the vow renewal ceremony for the elderly couple. They were the only client I had the moment and I put all my energy towards making sure they would have the perfect day. I actually preferred having one client at time, I would be able to give them my undivided attention and I loved it.

My schedule for the day was a bit filled. I had to show the Parkers-  the elderly couple, different private beaches where they would like to have their wedding so they could pick the one that felt right to them.

It was half past ten and we were in the company's car. The Parkers were in the back seat and the soft sound of keyboards were playing through the speakers. They had requested it and I could not deny them that. They were such a sweet couple.
Time flies by as I showed them two of the private beaches, we had on file, but they hadn't liked anyone and that was alright. They were nice and I would have been happy to drive them everywhere. They were the only ones I was catering to right now.

The third and final private beach housed a bed and breakfast lodging that could house all the guests that were to be invited for the vow renewal. Somehow, at this beach, the sand was more whiter and the beach looked beautiful, the air fresh and -

The elderly couple looked happy. They were smiling and laughing. The alpha kept teasing his beta wife and she was blushing. If I hadn't worn scent blockers today, they would have been able to smell just how happy I was.

I decided to take a little walk, to give them some space while they giggled and talked. They were in their sixties and were still happy and giggly and it. . . it made me a little jealous. I haven't found my mate, my husband and I was getting closer to my thirties.

When I was little I used to have all these fantasies of me finding my mate at eighteen, getting knot and mated by twenty and maybe pregnant with my first pup at twenty one. But life doesn't work that way, does it?

I am currently twenty-nine, still a virgin, haven't found my mate and had no long term relationships to date.  I have spent heats alone, the idea of going to a heat clinic and getting an alpha to help me through it always freaked me out. So yeah, I was a little jealous of the elderly couple.

When would it be me, I thought as I looked up to the sky.

I scratched at the scent-blocker path I had on my wrist as I turned back to look at the elderly couple. They were still talking and laughing but they were walking towards the water, their shoes in their hands.

I smiled at them and looked away to give them their privacy.

Ten minutes becomes twenty and then by twelve, we got back into the car and made our way towards the city. The elderly couple asked to be dropped off at a bus stop and I obliged. Once I pulled away from said bus stop, I let out a sigh.

"Hey Siri, call Paulie . . ." it rings twice and then my friend picks.

"So, how was it?" Paulie asked.

"They loved the third private beach, so I'll get started on the decorations. I already have a lists of caterers, I'll forward it to them later."  I replied.

"My friend is so hard working."

"You pay me to be hardworking, Paulie."  I said, chuckling at my friend.

"Not true. I pay you so you spend more time with me at work, so we can play."  Paulie said and then I could hear the sound of him typing away on his computer.

"What are you doing, my favourite friend?"  I asked as I pulled to a stop at a red light, fingers drumming on my steering wheel as I waited.

"I am your only friend, Freddie!"  Paulie said and I giggled. "I wish I took more softer events like you do."

"No, you don't. You hate small parties and weddings, always have and always will."

Paulie groans and I laughed just as I began to drive again. "Did you call just to laugh at me?"

"Nope. I was actually hoping you can give me a free hour this afternoon. I wanna stop by the clinic to see Emily. Today is gonna be the last day."

" Yeah, you can have an hour. Even two."  Paulie replied. "I am happy this ends today, I don't like the idea of you meeting her. She was always rude to you and . . .  do you remember when she tried to sleep with one of your ex-boyfriends?"

I let out a groan. "I had successfully wiped that from memory but thank you for bringing it back, Paulie."  I said, my tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Emily is so mean. I don't know how she is related to you. You are the complete opposite, sweet, soft, caring and kind and you smell sweet."

"Thank you, Paulie. You smell amazing too."
Paulie and I stay on the phone until I got to the Four Clover Clinic. I pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. I greeted the receptionist warmly as I signed in, she points me towards the usual visiting room and I made my way there.

Once I was inside and seated, my stomach let out a loud growl and I pout. Fuck. I should have gotten something to eat on my way here. I wonder if they had a vending machine here. Maybe I could get a snack.

The door to the visiting room was pushed open and Emily walks in. She goes to shut the door but I stop her.

"Just leave it open like usual."  I said and she rolled her eyes at me. Her dark hair was pulled into a french braid and she had on a black sweatpants and matching sweatshirt with a designer logo on it. We sit in silence for the next twenty minutes and once it was time, I looked at her.

"Let's not meet again, chubs."  she said and then stands up and walked out the door. I could only watch as she left. I know it's bad because she's family but I felt relieved that this was done. I got up from the chair and made my way out of the visiting room.

I walked back to the reception, a flash of black hair drawing my attention but when I looked it wasn't the tall alpha. I gripped the pen and with a little courage, I looked up to the receptionist and asked.

"Can I see Yohan Lorente?"

The receptionist raised her brow at me. "Why?"  she asked and I blinked at her, my heart beating so fast in my chest that it absolutely terrified me. What the fuck was I doing?

"I. . . .I- Never mind."  I said and quickly signed my name and just walked as fast as I could out of there. I was mortified. I could not believe I had done that. What was I thinking?

I walked as quickly as I could towards the car and got in. Before driving, I breathed in, held it for a couple of seconds before letting it out. I did it several times until I got myself back together. Once my fingers were no longer clammy and my heart rate had reduced significantly, I started the car and drove out of their parking lot and back towards the city.

I fiddled with the radio, turning up the volume as Taylor Swift sang about snow on the beach. It was loud enough to drown out my thoughts and distract me. I took a detour and stopped by a restaurant to grab myself something to eat. I hadn't eaten all day and it was almost two thirty. I got myself black truffle french fries and butterball potatoes.

My omega was whining and asking me to turn around. To go back but I shook my head. I waited, drumming my fingers against the table, hoping for my order to come fast enough. I didn't understand what was going on with my body lately. First with my scent and now my omega whining loudly in my head. It felt like I was doing something wrong but I did not understand what.

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait for too long. Once I got my order, I got back in the car and made my way back to work. I got out of the car and walked into the building, waving at Agatha. Once I was in my office, I fell onto the nearest couch and let out a loud sigh.

What was it with Yohan? I barely knew him and he sure as heck did not know me.

So. . . what is going on?

What do you think so far?

This story is already nine chapters ahead on my Patreon if you want to subscribe. It's early release on Wattpad is my Christmas gift to you all ❤️

Enjoy!