Chapter 28: Worries & Fiona

Max's POV-

The Next Morning: 

Lucas and I woke up the next morning all cuddled into each other. Both of us smelled of sex, and we needed to shower and get back to battle planning. But, since we both were still reminiscing in us being fully mated, we decided to go down to the small beach in the clearing. The waterfall roared for us as we stuck our feet into the crisp cold water. It felt nice, until Lucas decided to splash water all over me. The ass was in hysterics as I gave him a murderous glare. So, I summoned two large spheres of the ice-cold water from the river above his head. Before he could process what was going on, I let them fall right on top of his head. He coughed and spluttered for a moment, before sending me a cheeky grin. I shrieked and tried to run away. He caught up to me easily, and he sent us both splashing into the water. By the time we finished skinny dipping, we both were freezing cold... well I was the one freezing and Lucas looked barely affected by the cold. He of course teased me about it, and he received my middle finger in return. 

"Asshole", I quipped. He just chuckled and held me close to him, cuddling me up. I couldn't help but just snuggle into his warm chest. Bastard, he knows my weaknesses! 

"Feel better love?" he asked, and I responded with a grumpy "Yes", which earned me a chuckle from him. He knew I loved him, even if he is an ass... but Lucas is my ass. 

"Let's get dressed now", Lucas said. "I don't want anyone to see you naked. That's for my eyes only." He growled, being possessive. Honestly, I found it very hot when Lucas was being possessive. I chuckled and nodded, and we got dressed. We then packed up what was left of our picnic and shared a nice, sweet kiss before starting our walk back to the pack house. The lasagna and cheesecake had gone bad as both had sat out over night, but with a wave of my hand, they were good as new, and as fresh as them just being pulled out of the oven. We decided to come back later and take care of the decorations. By now, we were at the pack house, and the kids were already playing outside with the Omegas keeping an eye on them. The little shits were chasing each other like they were already shifted wolves, which made me appreciate their imaginations and their innocence to what was really going on. 

"Lucas... after we deal with Jefferson and Clara... I want more kids", I said, randomly. He looked at me and smiled, pulling me into a close hug with one arm as he was holding the basket.

"Whatever my mate wants, my mate gets", Lucas said. "And I would love more kids, but we should probably wait a while before we discuss having more kids. We'll have Mason to take care of. We can always have more kids in the future." Lucas was right. As much as I would love to have more kids, having Mason will be enough for a while. Besides, Mason was very wild and always full of energy, so he is like having five kids in one. Wouldn't have that bundle of joy any other way. We entered the pack house and made our way up to our floor. I put the remaining food into the fridge for later. Yesterday was relaxation and fun. Today was all business. 

Later at 3pm- 

Lucas's POV- 

It was now the afternoon, and we were done putting away all of the maps and files in the War Room. Max and I had been discussing battle plans all day, and we settled on one idea. We decided to instead of having Clara's army come to us, we were going to go to her. We were getting our warriors ready to go and making sure we were all in top shape. We planned to attack tomorrow, as Clara was planning on working her way towards us tomorrow for her attack, thanks to the warning from the three goddesses. We were going to surprise them and cut them off well away from our territory. And even if they made it to our pack grounds, they wouldn't be able to get through Max's shield. Max is very smart, thank fuck for that.

"Food and supplies all ready to go?" I asked Max, as we were directing pack members and getting everyone ready. 

"Yeah, the kitchens gave us plenty of what we needed. If we are lucky, this will be one fight and then we can come home", he said. I looked at him curiously. 

"What do you mean baby?" I said. 

"My father is a powerful man. He is also very stubborn, and he will fight to the death, and he won't be above forcing others to do the same", Max said, bitterly. I sighed and held him close to my chest. "I'm not scared of him though. I'm scared of Clara and the demons." I was about to comfort him, when a scout came running towards us. 

"Alphas, there is a woman mage who wants to speak with you. She is at our Northern borders. She says she can offer her help to us. I came to you right away in case she couldn't be trusted", the scout ranted. I held up my hand and patted his back, comforting him. 

"Did she say what her name was by chance?" I asked. 

"She said her name was Fiona, Alpha", the scout said. Max looked at me with utter shock. Who was this Fiona character? 

"The Grand Enchanter is here?! Holy hells!! We have to meet her immediately!" Max exclaimed, shifting and running to the borders. 

"Max wait!" I shouted, before groaning, shifting into my wolf and running after my mate. We ran for a good twenty minutes or so, before we reached our Northern borders. When we got there, we did indeed see a woman there. She had a staff strapped to her back, and she was about three or four inches taller than Max. She had very short black hair, pale green eyes, and pointed ears. She was an Elven Mage. 

"Grand Enchanter Fiona? What are you doing here?" Max asked, giving her a small bow. 

"I have caught wind of this upcoming battle between you and your father, and Clara", Fiona said, her voice thick with a French accent. "I have come here, from France, to offer help to you."  We both looked at her, completely dumb founded. 

"Wait, why are you helping us? Don't you have other things to do as the Grand Enchanter of the entire race of Mages?" I asked, growing a little suspicious of her motives. 

"A good question, and it's one I can answer", she said. "I spent many years being re-elected as Grand Enchanter to secure peace between us Mages and the Werewolves. I will not allow a corrupted First Enchanter and a crazed Demon Raiser to destroy that peace. I will have my best Mages here tomorrow morning to fight with you, and I will fight alongside you. If you will have me of course." She stepped back a little, giving us some time to talk things over. 

"What do you think baby?" I asked Max, who looked deep in thought. 

"While we have blessings from the gods, having more Mages in our move against Clara and my father will give us a very good advantage, especially if they are from Fiona's personal army", he replied. "And I don't want to destroy the peace between Werewolves and Mages. I think we should accept her help. You get the final decision however, as you have ran the pack longer than I have." I thought for a moment, going through everything over. Having more Mages in our army would be very useful, and preventing a full-fledged war between our kinds would be a major bullet we would shield. I looked up at the Grand Enchanter. 

"We accept. It would be madness not to", I said.

 We all shook hands, sealing the deal. 

                                                                           To be continued...

Fiona's Staff

AN: Hellloooo Besties! A new chapter within a week of the last one? Holy hell, the world is ending lmaoooo. Anyways, I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter. Fiona is getting involved now, so shit is getting real. Please comment any spelling and grammar errors. Please comment, vote, and follow. 

Bye Besties! 💙